The Top 33 Best Moments Of 2023 Tour

Last year we put together an extensive list of what we thought were the best 100 performances and moments from the tour. This year we wanted to create another list, but for eight shows, 100 was gonna be a little too much. So since the band is in their 33rd year of existence, we chose the 33 best moments to look back on and tell some stories about.

This was a great collaborative effort from the Pearl Jam community, and some of the stories that we received were pretty incredible. We have stories from Joaquin, the poet laureate whose poem Ed read, Monika who’s journal Ed talked about in Austin, Matt who threw the severed hand on stage, Dr. Amber Straughn the astrophysicist who got a shout out in Ft. Worth, Jason who’s daughter held up a birthday sign during Wishlist in Chicago, Marty from Scotland who began the #RVMForFrans petition, and so many more good folks from the community sharing their experiences.

read it here and share your thoughts: https://liveon4legs.com/blog/2023/12/12/best-moments-2023-pearl-jam-tour/
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Great stuff as always Randy!  Looking forward to 24'!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,081
    edited December 2023
    Great list.

I know what the worst moment was....sitting in a bar in Indy, watching Niners demolish Steelers....text.....shit.

Edit - I'd forgotten the story on #2.  So awesome!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Great list.

I know what the worst moment was....sitting in a bar in Indy, watching Niners demolish Steelers....text.....shit.

See it’s funny because there were multiple people that responded saying Indy was the most memorable moment… in total disregard for what the content on the list was.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Great list.

See it’s funny because there were multiple people that responded saying Indy was the most memorable moment… in total disregard for what the content on the list was.
    I'm glad some folks had a good time and made great memories, that is fantastic.  👏 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    Up!

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    This is great. Thanks for putting this together! Can’t wait for next year!
    steven87 said:
    This is great. Thanks for putting this together! Can’t wait for next year!

Yeah next year is gonna be big. 

• Great list.

Just read it...wow....really curious what was said but I get it. Great memory for sure.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    one correction.  Number 2 with Joaquin’s story and Alive was the 15th not the 13th.  This was my 32nd show an Ed reading Joaquin’s word was one of the most emotional things I’ve seen.  Was hard not to have tears hearing it.  Then into Alive which to me is always a reaffirmation song.  Still love it and get emotional hearing it, means so much as I get older. Then seeing Jouquin’s and even Deep Sea Diver having so much fun up there on RITFW was really cool to see. It was a great night 
    :)
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    pjhawks said:
    one correction.  Number 2 with Joaquin’s story and Alive was the 15th not the 13th.  This was my 32nd show an Ed reading Joaquin’s word was one of the most emotional things I’ve seen.  Was hard not to have tears hearing it.  Then into Alive which to me is always a reaffirmation song.  Still love it and get emotional hearing it, means so much as I get older. Then seeing Jouquin’s and even Deep Sea Diver having so much fun up there on RITFW was really cool to see. It was a great night 
    Typos happen