Mediocre Guitar Player Seeking Other Mediocre Musicians (SoCal)

tremortremor Posts: 37
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I live in Whittier (15 min outside of LA), just moved to Cali a few months ago, and am hoping to find a few dudes to play with. I have a cheap ass Gibson SG and a Fender Bronco amp that is tiny but loud and all I want to do is get together and crank out some very loud tunes. If it turns into anything more than that, great, if not, cool, I just want to play dammit. PM me or something if you are interested.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sorry, can't help you in LA, but I am looking for the same thing in the Pittsburgh area.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • if you're looking for mediocre musicians, i can't believe you can't find people, especially in cali. Get really good, then people will find you
    My mind is not for rent,
    To any god or government.
  • From what I hear, you can't swing a 10-foot guitar cable in California without hitting a dozen mediocre musicians...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • that's what i've heard too, so i just get a 10 foot cable covered with razor blades, and walk through the downtown area killing off all of the mediocre musicians. It's really irritating...luckily i live in chicago where people have passion!
    My mind is not for rent,
    To any god or government.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    man, you guys are snobs sometimes. the guy's just looking for people to have fun with.

remember fun?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    really who isn't a mediocre musician that isn't famous?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    remember fun?

Yeah... that's what I was trying to do... have fun... make a joke...

My buddy lived near LA for like three months, and he said the place was crawling with musicians, but that the people he came across were complete assholes. So really I'm just going on what he said...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.