G&L Thinline Tele

GlaswegianGlaswegian Posts: 62
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I ordered a G&L semi-hollow thinline telecaster a couple weeks ago and it arrived yesterday and damn, it's so great!

Since I started playing a few years ago I've always used my dad's guitars but neither of us have ever owned a guitar of this quality so it's pretty exciting - I feel kinda guilty because he's been playing for 35+ years and has never owned such a good guitar, but hey I'm paying for it so I suppose it's ok. :)

I've no idea really about the technical side of guitar playing or guitars but it just sounds and feels so good! You just can't help but play the blues when you pick it up! Well anyway, what are people's views on G&L guitars or even this one in particular, if anyone's ever tried it? They don't seem to be played by many great guitarists that I know of, other than Jerry Cantrell which seems kinda strange.
scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Glaswegian
    I ordered a G&L semi-hollow thinline telecaster a couple weeks ago and it arrived yesterday and damn, it's so great!

Since I started playing a few years ago I've always used my dad's guitars but neither of us have ever owned a guitar of this quality so it's pretty exciting - I feel kinda guilty because he's been playing for 35+ years and has never owned such a good guitar, but hey I'm paying for it so I suppose it's ok. :)

I've no idea really about the technical side of guitar playing or guitars but it just sounds and feels so good! You just can't help but play the blues when you pick it up! Well anyway, what are people's views on G&L guitars or even this one in particular, if anyone's ever tried it? They don't seem to be played by many great guitarists that I know of, other than Jerry Cantrell which seems kinda strange.

We actually bat the G&L name on here quite a bit. I love the blues boy's.

G&L is what Fender would be if it were still Leo Fender's company. Great guitars that sound great and look awesome. It's worth what you paid for it.

Most of the big name stars get paid to play various guitars or what have you. If you look at studio and guitar for hire guys, that's where you'll find a lot of G&L's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Are these guitars heaps lighter than your standard tele?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Lukin_oz
    Are these guitars heaps lighter than your standard tele?

Slightly due to less internal wood. It's probably 2 to 3 lbs lighter.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I LOVE that thinline and may get one. I'm looking for a hollowbody and a thinline.

I have a couple of G&L Legacys and they are great. to me, they're equal to a good custom shop Strat.

Like Paco says, G&L is the non glitzy players guitar.

Good luck with yours.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart