Options

The Smile

eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
New album, Wall of Eyes, out Jan. 26 (my birthday). Also new single :)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
8/28/98- Camden, NJ
10/31/09- Philly
5/21/10- NYC
9/2/12- Philly, PA
7/19/13- Wrigley
10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
10/21/13- Philly, PA
10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Comments

• Options
    Loved the 1st album and the one show I saw in support of it. 

Hopefully we get a tour behind this one as well. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Love it. Just preordered the LP.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    New album, Wall of Eyes, out Jan. 26 (my birthday). Also new single :)

:rock_on:
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    So, The Smile enters year three. When I saw them last December, the young couple next to me asked me if I had seen Radiohead live. I said, "Yeah, I got into them kind of late, I didn't see them until 2003." They told me they had never seen them. I immediately felt bad and thought my answer was silly because it had been almost twice as long since I had first seen Radiohead live (20 years) than the time span between when Radiohead first became popular and my first show (10 years). It was then I realized that this might be the closest thing people get to Radiohead live, which made me really sad.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    So, The Smile enters year three. When I saw them last December, the young couple next to me asked me if I had seen Radiohead live. I said, "Yeah, I got into them kind of late, I didn't see them until 2003." They told me they had never seen them. I immediately felt bad and thought my answer was silly because it had been almost twice as long since I had first seen Radiohead live (20 years) than the time span between when Radiohead first became popular and my first show (10 years). It was then I realized that this might be the closest thing people get to Radiohead live, which made me really sad.
    Yeah I'm happy to get something but I really want a Radiohead record. That is mostly Jonny and Thom anyway from a writing standpoint so I wonder what's up. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Sadly, I don’t think we will see Radiohead again. One of my biggest regrets ever is not going to see them in Boston in 2018. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Radiohead will be back. 

• Options
    This record is shaping up to be different from the first which is great. The first was too close to RH and that just made me think "why not turn it into a RH album?". I want The Smile to be different enough so when RH come back, you can tell its 2 separate projects.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,661
    Can’t wait for this new album!!
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,508
    Yeah same for me - I had a short-time gf who introed me to OKC, Kid A & Amnesiac - she was useful!!! LOL

Then Hail to the Thief came out and my current gf (wife) and I went to see them in 2003. I think I've been to 3 more of their shows and we saw The Smile in July.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Loved the first album and saw a fantastic show in Atlanta! They sounded amazing.

Excited for this new album. Two songs are great and Bending Hectic was great in concert.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I gotta believe we will  get more Radiohead.  They’re obviously interested in making the same type of music. I think Thom and Jonny are simply capitalizing on conflicting schedules to do something with a different personnel dynamic. 
  • Options
    agreed
  • Options
    Loved the first album and saw a fantastic show in Atlanta! They sounded amazing.

Excited for this new album. Two songs are great and Bending Hectic was great in concert.
    The Boston show was one of the best sounding concerts I've seen in 30+ years. Granted, it was a (relatively) brand new venue, but I saw Mr. Bungle there 2 months ago, and while it didn't sound bad, I wasn't as blown away by the mix as I was w/ The Smile either. 
    DewieCox said:
    I gotta believe we will  get more Radiohead.  They’re obviously interested in making the same type of music. I think Thom and Jonny are simply capitalizing on conflicting schedules to do something with a different personnel dynamic. 
    Likewise.... it feels more like the other guys want to take time or aren't ready & JG & TY don't / are so they're doing The Smile just to do something... at least that's what I'm hoping. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

The Boston show was one of the best sounding concerts I've seen in 30+ years. Granted, it was a (relatively) brand new venue, but I saw Mr. Bungle there 2 months ago, and while it didn't sound bad, I wasn't as blown away by the mix as I was w/ The Smile either. 
    DewieCox said:
    Likewise.... it feels more like the other guys want to take time or aren't ready & JG & TY don't / are so they're doing The Smile just to do something... at least that's what I'm hoping. 
    To be honest - the Smile have great chemistry, and I think good musicians follow the high that comes from good chemistry. If and when it stops feeling fun/fresh, I'm sure there'll be room to invite Radiohead back together.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    DewieCox said:
    Agreed. In the meantime, I am enjoying the hell out of The Smile.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com