Options

Im selling my guitar

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, one of them that is, its a fender stratocaster, but what makes it odd is that it has a squire neck on it. this isnt your usual squire neck either, this neck is better than any fender neck ive ever played, my buddies dad put the neck on when it was his, and it has chrome knobs on it, and is a light silver colored one. Does anyone know an approximate and decent selling price with tthe guitar and a hard cover case for it. The guy I bought it from had it valued at 1300 but i paid 500, and with the case added in now i was thinking around 550-600. any help would be greatly appriciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    The fact that it has been frankensteined with anything squier, no matter how good, won't help you getting a great price for it I'm afraid. About the price... other people here can help you better than I can. Good luck with selling it.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Yeah, the Squier neck will definately hurt the value. You'd be better off putting the original Fender neck on it to sell it, even though the Squier might play/feel better.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    depending on where you live you might fetch 250-350 for it, maybe 400 if you had the original neck.

American Standards maybe 3-4 years old usually sell for around 450-550 dollars with a case in perfect condition, but the squire neck no matter how nice will not get you that much. YOu may get up to 650 if you find the right buyer but you can buy a brand new one for 700

It never hurts to try.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I just got a lefty Fender Stratocaster American (black) with molded case and leather strap for 400 bucks on E-Bay... total including shipping was $421.00...
    This was about 3 weeks ago... hope that helps.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!