Rick Beato on Eddie Vedder doing a perfect cover of The Waiting w Petty

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
edited November 2023 in The Porch
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    Too bad it’s tuned down ;)
  • Heh, Beato praises 30+ year old rock music made by white guys, who would of thunk...
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • yellowled81yellowled81 Posts: 88
    edited November 2023
    Heh, Beato praises 30+ year old rock music made by white guys, who would of thunk...
    Just curious… is there a problem that he posted something positive about this?! 

I like positive comments. 

Asking for a friend…
    Post edited by yellowled81 on
  • Heh, Beato praises 30+ year old rock music made by white guys, who would of thunk...
    He also posts about literally every kind of music by every kind of skin color. Who woulda thunk it. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I miss igotid88
    He also posts about literally every kind of music by every kind of skin color. Who woulda thunk it. 
    Lol, I'm not going to put in the pencil-pushing; but if you want, feel free to let me know the dates of his last two videos to give the sole spotlight of praise to a nonwhite artist, under 50, nonrock, male or female.

Then for comparison feel free to let me know the dates of his last two videos to give the spotlight of praise to a white artist, rock, over 50, and male.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    edited November 2023
    Heh, Beato praises 30+ year old rock music made by white guys, who would of thunk...
    I suggest you ask ChatGP about current music made by a computer.  

Hope your day gets better as this is an odd thing to be upset about.  It is a shame that everything has to be about race. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    The result will be more interesting than Beato's opinion.
    The result will be more interesting than Beato's opinion.
    Haha.  You must be having a terrible day.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    People on the internet like to shat on Beato. It’s a thing, especially with musicians. 
    People on the internet like to shat on Beato. It’s a thing, especially with musicians. 
    That's the internet.   Terrible people out there setting up YouTube channels breaking down music and interviewing legends that are legends in the mainstream or legends amongst a small group of people in the know.  We must break them.  
  • edoconedocon Posts: 324
    Here's one of my favorite Beato videos:

https://youtu.be/yj93v9j2A4A?si=QcJOR0wGqGtqjljb
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Seems to be upsetting that other guy though.
    I want to be clever, but I don't know how.