Options

Great records you recently rediscovered in your collection.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
Do you ever have this happen?  You come across a record you forgot you had or something you haven't listened to in so long you can't remember what it sounds like, and when you give it a spin you are amazed at how great it is and are glad you rediscovered it.

Just last night, I rediscovered Sam Rivers' Crystals in my LP collection and gave it a listen.  I was blown away!  Rivers had something like 64 musicians contribute to this project.  This music is amazingly controlled chaos.  At time it sounds like a lot of people just playing random lines or flurries of free jazz and then suddenly they play in unison and you realized the whole piece was carefully constructed to give order to the chaos.  Rivers was amazing and so very under-recognized.

Primary

What great music have you rediscovered in you collection recently?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Slide Away by Michael Hutchens (w/Bono) popped on my radar the other day for the first time in many, many years.  Love that song.

Went back and listened to Elegantly Wasted by INXS.  Good stuff. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Slide Away by Michael Hutchens (w/Bono) popped on my radar the other day for the first time in many, many years.  Love that song.

Went back and listened to Elegantly Wasted by INXS.  Good stuff. 

I gave it a listen.  Pretty good but I have to admit I like Bono's part better- but that could be from so long being familiar with and liking Bono's voice. 
    Haven't listened to any INXS is a while.  Might do that soon.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.