Options

2023 PJ Tour Song Stats: For The Band & For You!

Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,958
edited October 2023 in The Porch
For all the numbers & stats junkies out there!
The Band
08/31/23 - St. Paul, Night 1
  • rarities: Insignificance, Love Boat Captain, and the 17th ever I'm Open; 7th ever Buckle Up (soon to be rarity?)
  • notable song placement: Indifference as opener! Wishlist & Black in the early part of the set
  • milestones: the 500th performance of Given to Fly, the 550th performance of Daughter, and 2nd time ever Eddie came out & performed Wildflowers (T. Petty)
09/02/23 - St. Paul, Night 2
  • rarities: Nothing as It Seems, I Am Mine, Severed Hand, Got Some, and In Hiding; 2nd ever cover/tag of Brain Damage (Pink Floyd)
  • notable song placement: Pendulum as opener, Corduroy later before end of Set 1, and 6th ever cover of Purple Rain (Prince), closer
  • milestones: the 550th performance of Better Man, and 1st time a song from all 12 albums (including Lost Dogs) was played
09/05/23 - Chicago, Night 1
  • rarities: Low Light, God's Dice, Light Years, In My Tree, Comatose, and Inside Job
  • notable song placement: RVM as set 1 closer, War Pigs (Black Sabbath) as tag on Alive, and 6th ever cover of Surrender (Cheap Trick), closer
09/07/23 - Chicago, Night 2
  • rarities: Come Back, Tremor Christ, the 66th ever Green Disease, Marker in the Sand, and 6th ever cover of Street Fighting Man (Rolling Stones)
  • notable song placement: Smile (to the back), Given to Fly as start of Set 2, rare occasion of 2 Rolling Stones songs covered/tagged in one show
  • milestones: Blackhawks jersey retirement of friend of the band Chris Chelios
09/13/23 - Ft, Worth, Night 1
  • rarities: All Those Yesterdays, Pilate, Satan's Bed, Untitled into MFC, and Mike McCready's cover of Eruption (Van Halen)
  • notable song placement: the 99th performance of Oceans (opener), and Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney) tag on Not For You
  • milestones: 1st Texas show in 9 years
09/15/23 - Ft, Worth, Night 2
  • rarities: Hard to Imagine, Breakerfall, Red Mosquito, and the 6th EVER performance of Undone
  • notable song placement: Long Road as opener, Better Man/Save It For Later as Set 1 closer, and *Pin the Black Circle as a fakeout
09/18/23 - Austin, Night 1
  • rarities: Thumbing My Way, Electric Footsteps (no acoustic guitars), I Got Shit, Whipping, and the 5th EVER Out Of My Mind
  • notable song placement: Nothingman as opener, and Baba O'Riley (The Who) as closer
  • milestones: the 888th performance of Even Flow, it would not be performed on Night 2 (the end of the tour)
09/19/23 - Austin, Night 2
  • rarities: 1/2 Full, Unemployable, Who You Are, and Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns (Mother Love Bone); 7th ever Never Destination (soon to be rarity?)
  • notable song placement: Ed comes out before Inhaler for Throw Your Arms Around Me (Crowded House style), the 99th ever Wash (as opener), 1st ever tag of Poor Girl (X cover, also Ed & the Supersuckers), and the 1st ever tags of Scuttle Buttin' & Couldn't Stand The Weather (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
  • milestones: the 600th performance of Black - absolutely captivating, and the 100th performance of Habit (on the fly, lol)
- - - - - - -
and for myself:
  • current all-time show count: 21
  • firsts: Wash, Electric Footsteps, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Out Of My Mind, Who You Are, Retrograde, and Street Fighting Man
Feel free to share your stats, or anything I might've missed!
PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

Comments

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,260
    Take me back to Chicago. This was an awesome tour
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,985
    St Paul was my 8th & 9th shows.  First time getting anything from Riot Act!  My favorite album too. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,269
    St. Paul and Chicago were shows 28-31 for me. Only heard a couple of new originals, but they were good ones I’d been chasing for a while- god’s dice and faithfull. Also heard some new covers, all of which I thought were great- wildflowers, brain damage, throw your arms around me, and street fighting man. Also heard a lot of songs that I really wanted to hear that I’d only heard once or twice before and/or hadn’t heard in a long time, including insignificance, LBC, go, off he goes, NAIS, last exit, I am mine, severed hand, in hiding, light years, in my tree, inside job, come back, tremor Christ, green disease, marker, immortality, deep, garden, and smile. Couldn’t have been happier with these shows! My only regret is I wish I could’ve made it to FTW to hear undone!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    maybe should note that fw1 had only one song performed that was written after 1998. old school.

the texas run was shows 41-44 for me. only song i hadn't heard live before was undone. longest gap between shows for a song was 41- i hadn't heard thumbing my way since 2003.
  • Options
    Immortality in Chicago 2 was incredible!