Options

Erik from Millencolin praises Eddie Vedder

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
edited October 2023 in The Porch
On the topic of "Recipe for Hate", from a Swedish podcast:

Erik: ... I am 99% certain my copy has Epitaph written on it, and then they re-released it on Atlantic. They got a lot bigger distribution there I can imagine.

Host: Because on that album, you notice a career move in how some songs had more of a sound of, what they call, "adult oriented rock"

Erik: And, it's on that album that, that guy, Eddie Vedder is on, right? Yeah, it has to be. Really great song. He does a legendary wailing on it. It's a fucking great song.

Host: Pearl Jam most have been huge by that time?

Erik: Yeah, they must have had released Alive by then...

Host: It seems he has done a thing of guesting with up and coming bands. He does it all the time

Host: If this was in 1993, then that was just around the time when Pearl Jam and the other grunge-bands were to hand over the baton to the new punk wave

Erik: And I imagine they knew each-other, and he must have listened to Bad Religion. A buddy thing.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    neat, Millencolin is fabulous
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 359
    Millencolin is great. Pennybridge Pioneers is a fantastic album - a lot of memories from high school when I hear those tracks. 
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    LOVE me some Millencolin.  Definitely didn't expect to see them come up on these forums!

Wish they would tour the US more, outside of festivals.  Still cranking out solid albums.. True Brew slightly tops SOS, but both are super fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Crew said:
    LOVE me some Millencolin.  Definitely didn't expect to see them come up on these forums!

Wish they would tour the US more, outside of festivals.  Still cranking out solid albums.. True Brew slightly tops SOS, but both are super fun.
    Kind of a little bit wish I hadnt bought tickets to PJ Harvey in Copenhagen, so I could go up to ”Pennybridge” with some friends in october and see them. Playing the same date.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Listening to Home from Home now.  Absolutely love the direction that album took.  I've always wished PJ would turn up guitars in the mix the way they did here.  
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    dwjmu84 said:
    Listening to Home from Home now.  Absolutely love the direction that album took.  I've always wished PJ would turn up guitars in the mix the way they did here.  
    Kingwood is like, a follow up in the same vein but without as much gas in the tank. A bit like the leftovers that wasn't good enough for Home from Home. Love Montego

https://youtu.be/416C6q1dIAo?si=R7E29vybM6OkZ3vE
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    Kingwood is like, a follow up in the same vein but without as much gas in the tank. A bit like the leftovers that wasn't good enough for Home from Home. Love Montego

https://youtu.be/416C6q1dIAo?si=R7E29vybM6OkZ3vE
    Exactly. Kingwood was good, but didn’t have the punch and melodic charisma that HFH delivered. 
    Birdie seems like it belongs on HFH.

Montego is awesome. Afgan, Kemp, and Black Eye are also my go tos from HFH.