now my voice is GONE

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
...and we have a show tomorrow at 9:00 PM.

WTF DO I DO?!?

*sobs* :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Chloraseptic, rest and no talking. Find you a bottle of "Vocal-Eze" It should be available at your local music shop or maybe even the pharmacy. If that dosen't work, let the band do an instrumental set or cancel due to illness, if you can't sing don't push it, because you can really screw yourself up. If it dosen't clear up by tonite call the venue and let them know you may not be able to go tomorrow and to reschedule if they can
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    I work as a receptionist, but it's really minimal talking on the phone. And I can't go home sick cause this is my job!! And my boss would kill me :(

I left my Chloroseptic at home...

How's about hot tea?
    Originally posted by neenerbean
    I work as a receptionist, but it's really minimal talking on the phone. And I can't go home sick cause this is my job!! And my boss would kill me :(

I left my Chloroseptic at home...

How's about hot tea?

Perfect. Hot tea is great. ON your way home if you have a farmers market pick up some candied ginger. Brew some tea (a coffee press is best) with some candied ginger in with the tea. I don't know what makes it so good for you buy I swear you'll drink it, take a nap and feel better. My mom used to give it to me when I was sick. It works wonders for that kind of thing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    I don't think there's a farmers market around here... :(
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    just drink tea with honey and lemon for now if it's all you've got.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Think positive thoughts... get some throat losenges at the pharmacy... ask the pharmacist... they help people all the time...

I really like fisherman's friend... that has always treated me right.

I have had days where my voice was wrecked all day until about 9:00 pm... and through persistent treatment it came around...

I hope the best for you...

throat coat is great too... I have used that and it can work wonders.
    There's No Code.
    I don't think there's a farmers market around here... :(

they probably have it at any grocery store anyway but honey and lemon work great too. As does OJ, For dinner you should have something nice and hot that is good for your throat, My personal favorite (I'm in the south) is Grits but you folks probably can't even buy grits up ther so Oatmeal or Cream O Wheat will work well. The main thing is to talk as little as possible and drink lots.
    you guys rock. I love you. will you marry me? :D
    you guys rock. I love you. will you marry me? :D

In a second. A girl that sings in a Pearl Jam cover band, how can you beat that?

I hope you feel better.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    In a second. A girl that sings in a Pearl Jam cover band, how can you beat that?

I hope you feel better.
    haha thanks :)