my band's mp3's are NOW ONLINE!

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
*drum roll please*

http://www.neenerbean.com/thedollars

The first five are what yer gonna wanna download (if you so choose) :D

Let us know how you like 'em (IF you like 'em LOL)

The Dollars consists of:

Amy (me) - vocals/guitar
Jon (evolution10) - guitar (and drums on the recording)
Chris (tree789) - bass

Enjoy!

-ames-

[ps] If you feel like ripping us apart, please email us privately or use PM's :p We believe we can only get better through constructive critisism. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    awesome! i'll give them a listen when i get home this evening. i'll let you know what i think.

:)
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    sweet! thanks :D

exhausted? Pacomc79? pearlwax? *grins sheepishly*
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I just listened to one of the songs: Far From Blind. Pretty cool!

Nice scream to lead into the main verse in Porch! AHHHHHHH.

Sweet.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Built It Up is very Soundgarden-ish.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by neenerbean

to be brutally honest, i don't listen to anyone else's stuff while i'm in the process of recording my own things. sorry. but once i'm done i'll check them out.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    to be brutally honest, i don't listen to anyone else's stuff while i'm in the process of recording my own things. sorry. but once i'm done i'll check them out.

I do that also, just so I don't get tainted with someone else tune in my head.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    dude no worries! what's "brutal" about it? LOL
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I do that also, just so I don't get tainted with someone else tune in my head.

for me it's much more pathetic. my confidence in what i'm doing is so fragile that i can't cope with hearing what my peers are doing. i can listen to "professional" recordings though. for whatever reason.
    for me it's much more pathetic. my confidence in what i'm doing is so fragile that i can't cope with hearing what my peers are doing. i can listen to "professional" recordings though. for whatever reason.

Well then I recommend you stay that way because your music of late has been really well done.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Well then I recommend you stay that way because your music of late has been really well done.

thanks. anyway, enough hijacking by me. sorry neener.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

Sorry, no speakers at work. I will listen later though. I like the name you guys chose. Sounds cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Sorry, no speakers at work. I will listen later though. I like the name you guys chose. Sounds cool.
    haha thanks :) and don't sweat it - I don't have speakers at work either!

dontcha hate it when you record something and it sounds great but once you put it out there for the masses you hear all these things wrong with it? *hates her vocals right now*

:(
    There's only thing I heard wrong with all your songs which was in the recording and/or mixing area.

Either the band members when playing or in the recording/mixing process or all are over compensating volume wise for the lack of a drummer. You can't tell that you have no drummer which was very well done. Unfortunately, they or the process is drowning out your vocals. If I turned up the volume I had to strain to hear you over the band, which sounds even better loud. But inorder to hear you I had to keep the volume low which made the overall listening process less enjoyable.
    dontcha hate it when you record something and it sounds great but once you put it out there for the masses you hear all these things wrong with it? *hates her vocals right now*

oh good. i'm not the only one.

i'm starting to appreciate my voice for the totally non-rock thing that it is though.
  • I'm shocked that people seem to like it, not because I think we suck (I don't) but we've gotten ripped apart before with our brain of j stuff so I was ready. LOL Thank you for NOT ripping us!! and like Amy said if you have something constuctive to say please e-mail or pm us. We'll listen.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
    I've created a *less temporary* website for The Dollars:

http://www.neenerbean.com/thedollars

Still no domain yet though :p