my band (The Dollars) playing Warped Tour Chicago!

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
[x-posted about the forums]

To make a long story short - we entered a contest to play the Shiragirl Stage at Warped Tour this year and we were selected!! We haven't gotten all the details yet as to how many bands entered the contest, but we *DO* know we are playing with five other all-girl and/or female-fronted bands for Warped Tour's Chicago date (July 23rd). We are the only Chicago area band playing the stage. Check out our shows listing for all the info!

If you will be attending this year's Warped Tour at Tweeter Center (Tinley Park, IL) - PLEASE be sure to stop by the Shiragirl Stage and check out us and the other rawkin' bands featured. We will post flyers around the venue that morning with the time of our set and the location of the stage. Keep an eye out! You can also add your cell phone to our special Warped Tour text message list so you can get the info texted directly to your phone!! Email Amy at amy@thedollars.net with either your cell phone number & wireless provider name, OR your phone's email address. You can find out your email address by visiting your wireless provider's official website (typically).

You can also sign up for our mailing list! Email me at the address above. Also check us out at MySpace Music and download our demo at http://www.thedollars.net :)

Hope to see ya there, kiddies!

Amy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Congrats Amy....Thats awesome news. Rock the house!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    How is the SG and the new MINI Ames?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • cltaylor12cltaylor12 Posts: 125
    Awesome Amy! You Rule!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Huge congrats to you! And heeeyyyy...you're cute! :p
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Congratulations, make the best of it.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    wow, congratulations neener, that's really cool, goodluck to your band.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    wow, congratulations neener, that's really cool, goodluck to your band.

hey JDE! I was going to PM you the other day when I saw one of your (many) posts ;)

how are things love?! you making it out to any Canuck shows or the Convergence in Chicago this summer? :D

amy
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Congrats!! very cool.

i got to play at the warped tour "Ernie ball" stage in 2002 i think? yea. Anyways, it was a blast!!!

Really tough to get people to get over to the stage to check you out, so rope em in and get em out there!

what a blast youll have, walking around with your pass on, people looking at you, walking around by the bands. exciting! congrats!
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    How is the SG and the new MINI Ames?

the SG is GORGEOUS (still have to send that check to Bob - whoops!) and the Mini is at the dealer getting the finishing touches added. we are "closing" on the Mini on Monday :D:D:D

ames

[ps] yer coming to the convergence, right?!
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    Yeah I might head up for the Toronto show, we will see I guess.

Again very cool about your band neener, rock the kasbah!
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
    neenerbean wrote:
    the SG is GORGEOUS (still have to send that check to Bob - whoops!) and the Mini is at the dealer getting the finishing touches added. we are "closing" on the Mini on Monday :D:D:D

ames

[ps] yer coming to the convergence, right?!

Glad to hear that, I thought it might fit pretty well.

Never been to Chicago. *is ashamed* I'd like to come. Keep me updated.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    Yeah I might head up for the Toronto show, we will see I guess.

Again very cool about your band neener, rock the kasbah!

that'd be awesome cause 6 of us are heading up to Toronto! you should totally go :)
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Glad to hear that, I thought it might fit pretty well.

Never been to Chicago. *is ashamed* I'd like to come. Keep me updated.

Did you RSVP on the Evite? If you RSVP as "Maybe" your email address will automatically be added to the mailing list and I'll keep y'alls updated with the newest...news.

Amy
    neenerbean wrote:
    Did you RSVP on the Evite? If you RSVP as "Maybe" your email address will automatically be added to the mailing list and I'll keep y'alls updated with the newest...news.

Amy

yeah, I never got an evite........:(
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Me neither....
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • the evite is at http://www.strangesttribe.com/evite

and by the way, I don't get a chance to post here that much anymore but thanks for all the support!!!! Hope to see some of you in toronto!

Jon
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • That's great. Good luck. Wish I could make it but I'm all the way in Virginia.
    *bump*

THIS IS TOMORROW KIDS!! :D

can't wait to play and see all you Chicagoans there!

ames
    ooops - double post :p
    well, details....spill it.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    well, details....spill it.

Yup,,,,,, how'd it go?

I wish I could have been there!
    Did the SG make it to the gig?

And congratulations, Neenerbean!!! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

It was...average? We played well, the crowd was lacking (but that's to be expected when you don't really have a draw yet) and the stress was oh-so-fun *not* But I hear we played a good set and it was fun walking around backstage and seeing Travis Barker and shaking Dexter Holland's hand :D

Amy