Are bass guitars easier to learn to play than electric/accoustic guitar?

pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i am wondering whick one is easiest to learn to play

thank you
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davo499davo499 Posts: 14
    theres only four strings and no chords
    so yeah id say easier
    but i dont play bass
    also its easier to hear the tune on the elect./acous.
    so that makes it easier
    you've gotta hold on to your time
    till you break through these times of trouble
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    I responded in the one you made in the other music forum w/ my opinion.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • 2italy2italy Posts: 39
    Originally posted by pearlzepfan
    i am wondering whick one is easiest to learn to play

thank you

I think so. I started out playing electric bass and now I play acoustic and electric guitars too.

You might want to check out: http://www.electricbluesclub.co.uk/tutorials.html#bass_guitar_tutorials .

Good luck!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    bass players rule the world.......
  • cltaylor12cltaylor12 Posts: 125
    For me personally, bass is easier to play, although I'm not proficient at either. The bass physcially feels more comfortable to me.
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    all bass players are failed guitarists :P
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Originally posted by U-R
    all bass players are failed guitarists :P

*makes rude gesture in his direction* :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    *isn't offended by Justam's one fingered gesture because he knows that one finger is all he/she has the co-ordination to used at one time, hence he/she is a bass player* :P
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Originally posted by U-R
    *isn't offended by Justam's one fingered gesture because he knows that one finger is all he/she has the co-ordination to used at one time, hence he/she is a bass player* :P

Well, actually, I'm a pianist but I still will stand up for the honor of all great bass players out there who don't deserve to be treated so coldly. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    a pianist eh? yeah allright so i'm out of my depth!... who wants to k.o. me with a big fat-assed fender jazz master bass?...
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    if you can play guitar, then bass shouldnt be that hard. i would think that bass is easier.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    Originally posted by U-R
    a pianist eh? yeah allright so i'm out of my depth!... who wants to k.o. me with a big fat-assed fender jazz master bass?...

If you think that only one finger is ever used w/ the bass (left hand) then maybe you should stop looking at blink 182 songs. kthx.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A man goes to an exotic tropical island for a vacation. As the boat nears the island, he notices the constant sound of drumming coming from the island. As he gets off the boat, he asks the first native he sees how long the drumming will go on. The native casts about nervously and says "very bad when the drumming stops."

At the end of the day, the drumming is still going and is starting to get on his nerves. So, he asks another native when the drumming will stop. The native looks as if he's just been reminded of something very unpleasant. "Very bad when the drumming stops," he says, and hurries off.

After a couple of days with little sleep, our traveller is finally fed up, grabs the nearest native, slams him up against a tree, and shouts "What happens when the drumming stops?!!"

"Bass solo."
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.