Trent Reznor: "I can appreciate the Pearl Jam-No-bullshit... I get it"

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,031
edited September 2023 in The Porch
On the name and iconic NIN logo

"...part of that also was a conscious, from growing up with KISS and bands with logos and stuff you can carv into desks and notebooks... and that iconography. It was always exciting to me. I thought the idea of... much like stage craft. I can appreciate the Pearl Jam-No-bullshit... I get it. But I can also appreciate.. the.. fuck, you know (Rick Rubin: Pink Floyd)  Yeah... an element of... 'it's okey to dabble in these waters'. You know, that was always exciting to me. To see if one could frame the music in a way that... frame a live performance in a way that embellishes" 

1:18

https://youtu.be/k3skqyLqDoA?si=fRHRWczRrcR7mefc
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• his stuff on sobriety is fantastic. 

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,186
    edited September 2023
    This was really interesting. The point he made about how people are less invested in music because they don't own it is very astute.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • He played at one of the three Bridge School Benefit shows I was lucky to attend and he was FANTASTIC.  I've never been a NIN fan, but he was just spectacular that evening.  One of my best memories of that benefit show.  
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,270
    ^Ya, he stole the show!