Options

*** AUSTIN 1 2023 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 325
    I’m a huge PJ fan, didn’t know Out of My Mind needed to be on my radar….
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BAM!!!! 11.OUT OF MY MIND
    THIS IS THE 5TH TIME EVER PLAYED LIVE

Got this on an old boot I bought for waaaay too much $ at our local record store, forgot about it, cant believe theyre playing it
    You must have bought that boot pretty soon after they first played it, because it was the B-side to "Not for You" within less than a year from when it debuted.
    For a small town our local record store had some pretty interesting stuff - had a counter/glass case devoted to 35 - 50 dollar boots from various bands.I think it was an old Atlanta show but maybe I am making that up
    That must have been the first Atlanta show in April '94 (i.e., not the one that was broadcast on the radio across the country). That first Atlanta show was when they first played it, and that's what they put on the B-side of "Not for You."
    We've moved several times and maybe those old discs are in the garage or the attic...had one from Berlin that the cover looked like a chain link fence and a yellow street sign that said checkpoint charlie, another that was from New Orleans - the inlay for the disc said it was the wrong year but I dont remember what year it actually was...the first track had Eddie saying "why so quiet new orleans? I think we've been waiting for this longer than you..." he sort of stumbled around saying that but that is basically what he was saying. I wore that disc out, would leave it on repeat on my stereo in my room overnight just barely loud enough to be heard so my mom wouldnt come in and make me turn it off!
  • Options
    End of set 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:

Got this on an old boot I bought for waaaay too much $ at our local record store, forgot about it, cant believe theyre playing it
    You must have bought that boot pretty soon after they first played it, because it was the B-side to "Not for You" within less than a year from when it debuted.
    For a small town our local record store had some pretty interesting stuff - had a counter/glass case devoted to 35 - 50 dollar boots from various bands.I think it was an old Atlanta show but maybe I am making that up
    That must have been the first Atlanta show in April '94 (i.e., not the one that was broadcast on the radio across the country). That first Atlanta show was when they first played it, and that's what they put on the B-side of "Not for You."
    I bought it for $50(!) at Criminal Records in Atlanta. It was not long after the show. The boot is called “Burning” and it’s a boot of the Vault show. On the second disc, they added some extra tracks, Out of My Mind, a cover of Dock of the Bay, Believe You Me, and one or two others. 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:

I bought it for $50(!) at Criminal Records in Atlanta. It was not long after the show. The boot is called “Burning” and it’s a boot of the Vault show. On the second disc, they added some extra tracks, Out of My Mind, a cover of Dock of the Bay, Believe You Me, and one or two others. 
    Yes!!!! Dock of the Bay - forgot about that one too!!!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,296
    Oh this set list is killing me. In My Tree? I Got Shit? Out of My Mind? Oh man....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:

And Believe You Me...that one was actually sort of catchy
  • Options
    ... and here I am watching the sloppiest NFL game in memory. WTF.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    My bootleg point was the VS. Slim’s show when the album was in the can but not out yet.  Won me over 
  • Options
    Wishlist with the sequined jacket 
  • Options
    Two terrible games tonight 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    17.WISHLIST

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tbeals13 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:

On one of the recordings of Believe You Me (I have two different), there is another song that starts for about 45 seconds and I never figured out what it was.  Not any of the other known Bad Radio songs. But sounded quite good… 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    JE224127 said:
    Two terrible games tonight 

My son just asked me if I'd be willing to take over as Pittsburgh's OC. I couldn't do any worse than the current guy. This game is an unrelenting disaster.
  • Options
    ^^^^Truth
  • Options
    ^^^^Truth
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,438
    mdgsolo said:
    My bootleg point was the VS. Slim’s show when the album was in the can but not out yet.  Won me over 
    I still have a cassette I made where I tried to piece together what would turn out to be Vitalogy from various live versions that had been played on the '94 tour. My label has "Already in Love" (so does my label for the Atlanta show that was on the radio) instead of "Satan's Bed." Honestly, that song should have been called "Already in Love."

(I don't know why I said "I still have" the cassette-- like I'd ever get rid of anything like that.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    mdgsolo said:
    I still have a cassette I made where I tried to piece together what would turn out to be Vitalogy from various live versions that had been played on the '94 tour. My label has "Already in Love" (so does my label for the Atlanta show that was on the radio) instead of "Satan's Bed." Honestly, that song should have been called "Already in Love."

(I don't know why I said "I still have" the cassette-- like I'd ever get rid of anything like that.)
    Always loved how prominent the guitar was on that version vs. what it was on the actual album
  • Options
    Smile to the back 
  • Options
    tbeals13 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbeals13 said:

On one of the recordings of Believe You Me (I have two different), there is another song that starts for about 45 seconds and I never figured out what it was.  Not any of the other known Bad Radio songs. But sounded quite good… 
    Nice! Think mine is without the other song. Just looked, my boot also has an original radio recording of Bee Girl. Sounds very similar to Lost Dogs, just not as cleaned up.
  • Options
    18.SMILE

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Smile to the back 

Smile to the back 

Nice!
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    BF25394 said:

mdgsolo said:
    I still have a cassette I made where I tried to piece together what would turn out to be Vitalogy from various live versions that had been played on the '94 tour. My label has "Already in Love" (so does my label for the
    Atlanta show that was on the radio) instead of "Satan's Bed." Honestly, that song should have been called "Already in Love."

that is fucking rad.
  • Options
    Love Smile! One of my son’s favorites.
  • Options
    tbeals13 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mdgsolo said:

Always loved how prominent the guitar was on that version vs. what it was on the actual album
    Yes. And that whole show had a quality that I don't think any of the official bootlegs have, including the official bootleg of that show, because of the dynamic range compression that radio stations used at that time. Everything just sounds so punchy and immediate. I still think the cassette I made off the radio is the best-sounding PJ bootleg I have, and I have a couple of hundred of the official ones.
  • Options
    mdgsolo said:
    BF25394 said:

mdgsolo said:
    I still have a cassette I made where I tried to piece together what would turn out to be Vitalogy from various live versions that had been played on the '94 tour. My label has "Already in Love" (so does my label for the
    Atlanta show that was on the radio) instead of "Satan's Bed." Honestly, that song should have been called "Already in Love."

that is fucking rad.
    I used to make these various tapes of Pearl Jam live and unreleased stuff and label them in number order. I think I got up to "Pearl Jam Plus Vol. XXVI." I almost caught up to the Super Bowl before I stopped (1994 was SB XXVIII).
  • Options
    18.SMILE

Three crooked gyros...
    And ....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    18.SMILE

Three crooked gyros...
    And ....
    I miss you already sunshine..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    19.WHIPPING

• Options
    W H I P P I N G!!!