Easiest PJ song to play...

DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

Well, I'm sure this has been asked a million times on here, but I'm too lazy to search, plus I can never get the search function to work properly.

Anyway, I'm a total newbie to the guitar...had my first lesson 2 days ago. I've actually fooled around lots, but never really learned anything solid before. So I can strum pretty well, but the whole changing chords bit makes me feel a tad retarded. Anyway, I'm learning.

But I need some songs to learn. I know PJ songs generally aren't the easiest to play, but I'm sure theres a couple easy ones out there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'm just learning accoustic right now, however I'll probably switch to electric in a couple of months. Wanna get the basics down first though. From what I've heard electric is a bit easier, so I might as well start on something hard and then when I make the switch it'll seem easier. Oh, and my guitar is pretty crappy. So I figure if I learn on a crappy guitar, when i get a good one I'll be that much better!

Anyway, I'm rambling now, sorry. Just looking to find an easy song or two to learn with...

Thanks,

Peace
:-p
"Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    elderly woman for sure. and most of the early ed-written songs.
  • Congrats on starting to learn.

I found Black was relatively easy to learn. Soon the shifting will come natural. Check out http://www.olga.net or http://www.giventowail.com for some tabs.

Good luck!
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • search the forum for this topic and you'll find a billion threads with lots and ltos of responses.

good luck :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Wishlist!!!!!

Great Tune !!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    Wishlist!!!!!

Great Tune !!!

Wow, yeah, not that I really know anything about anything, but now that I think about it, this one definately sounds fairly easy to play. And I frickin' love it too, so thats great. Maybe I'll see if I can find the tabs somewhere online when I get home.

Yay, I'm very excited about this whole thing, I've been wanting to learn how to play for about 13 years now. I am a SERIOUS slacker...lol!

Thanks for your help,

Peace
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Wow, yeah, not that I really know anything about anything, but now that I think about it, this one definately sounds fairly easy to play. And I frickin' love it too, so thats great. Maybe I'll see if I can find the tabs somewhere online when I get home.

Yay, I'm very excited about this whole thing, I've been wanting to learn how to play for about 13 years now. I am a SERIOUS slacker...lol!

Thanks for your help,

Peace
    yeah, wishlist and long road are both fairly easy. i am by no means a virtuoso but can play these with relative ease
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    DopeyBoy wrote:

Thanks for your help,

Peace

Its never to late to pick it up and learn. I've been wanting to ever since I was 10 and played air guitar on a tennis raquet. Bought my first guitar over 4 years ago and just start taking lessons 6 months ago. Rock on.
  • Aye, chords to thin air are nice and simple!
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    So is Long Road.
  • hey Monster 78!, i totally agree, when i started playing at about 14 / 15 yrs old, my Dad started too. he had always wanted to, i think he even had a guitar in the early 70's, but thought it just wasnt possible to get your fingers in those mad awkward positions. now he's pretty good at the guitar, plays good blues styles. he realised that once passed the basics, its actually not that hard to strum out a song.

funny though, the same thing happend with Surfing. never thought he could do it, or thought you had to be in some ideal location like California or something. when he realised it can be done on the west coast of England, he was up there like a shot. that was quite a few years back and now he's a good surfer riding 6-8 foot gnarly waves!

my point: ITS NEVER TO LATE TO LEARN ANYTHING!

oh yeah, easest song? def Black or Elderly women, and as exhausted said: any of the early Ed written material.

Rock on
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you can do "not for you" in about 2 minutes...

take the basic E chord and strum and then (forgive my proper musicians terms) shift the chord up two frets.... strum..... shift up one more fret.... strum.... wee improv on top two strings for effect and back to the beginning.... simple pimple pieman.

then "do the evolution" solo ;)

http://www.giventowail.com is the ultimate resource for PJ tabs though... it even has a beginners section and stuff (under Interact) that helps you pick out the easy songs/intermediate/hard/evolution solo... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ive only been playing the guitar for about 2 months and i found that elderly woman and eds guitar in immortality are dead easy to play my advice is try those

good luck!!

P@M
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    Smile and Lukin are both very easy.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Last Kiss is dead easy to play. Only G Em C D. Off He Goes is pretty cool too.
  • last soldier is extremely easy, all it is is d-a-g intro and chorus and verse is e-d.

you do need a capo on the third fret though.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    exhausted wrote:
    elderly woman for sure. and most of the early ed-written songs.
    its easy to play incorrectly, but to play it right, you must be good at playing rhythm and hitting the right strings

all4
    LAST KISS is the absolute easiest PJ song that they released. It is 4 chrods repeated the entire song

all4
    Last Kiss is dead easy to play. Only G Em C D. Off He Goes is pretty cool too.
    but off he goes is not that easy....getting the rhythmn and strumming down are key...

all4
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I Got Shit is pretty easy, if I can sort of play it and I started taking lessons about six months ago. I just got the chords online and the "I fought back in my mind" part sounds really good. Well, good-ish the way I play.
  • Last Kiss is the easiest, 4 chords the whole song

I found RVM really easy
    Lukin is easy
    Not For You is easy
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Last Kiss is the easiest, 4 chords the whole song

I found RVM really easy
    Lukin is easy
    Not For You is easy
    RVM is tricky... once you've been playing for awhile it's easy.. but the rhythm and picking to the verse will trip you up as a begininer.

other than that, all the songs i've seen mentioned are good.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"