Fort Worth Night 1 is a reminder that...

Pearl Jam is the best live band on the planet. This was just such an amazing show folks. For those that were lucky enough to witness what happened last night you know of what I speak. Everyone was on fire and we got some rare gems with a weird/unique setlist. It felt like it was a fan club show in a lot of ways. I'm still in awe of how good this was. Can't wait for night 2!!
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra

Comments

• unknownunknown Posts: 531
    I've seen this band over 100x.  Believe me when I tell you this.  This was THE BEST SHOW THEY HAVE PUT ON IN 10 YEARS.

It was absolutely phenomenal.  The setlist was by far one of the best ones ive ever been a part of.  You could tell Stone was loving it.

They loved having josh back their on the drums for a night.  Do yourself a favor and get the bootleg.  This is the show of the tour.

Ed also mentioned after black that it was the best solo from mike he has probably ever heard.  
  • yep...and Matt might be good to go
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    edited September 2023
    I had a blast, I thought for sure this would be the least memorable of the 4 Texas shows…. Can’t imagine a better one than that but I’m sure they’ll try

i did Apollo, msg, Camden last year…. All incredible, in all honesty I think about Camden the most. Other 2 fantastic… but if you put me up to it, I’d say Camden

you never know with these dudes
    It will go down as the best show of the tour, hands down.
  • I'm honestly stunned!  It was definitely a special night.  The electricity between the band and crowd was incredible.  They are always good, but last night was something else.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Amazing set and I actually think Ed sounds better now than he did in 2013 and 2016

First 5 songs were unreal and I think Mike's solo on Black was definitely the best I've seen
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    unknown said:
    I've seen this band over 100x.  Believe me when I tell you this.  This was THE BEST SHOW THEY HAVE PUT ON IN 10 YEARS.

It was absolutely phenomenal.  The setlist was by far one of the best ones ive ever been a part of.  You could tell Stone was loving it.

They loved having josh back their on the drums for a night.  Do yourself a favor and get the bootleg.  This is the show of the tour.

Ed also mentioned after black that it was the best solo from mike he has probably ever heard.  
    This is 100% correct 
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Willhave to use my bootleg code for once it seems
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just a great, special night…..start to finish!! Everyone doing their thing at an exceptional level and Josh literally not missing a beat. Great set, great sound, great energy….just a great fucking night!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
    I'm telling you and surprised it hasn't got through on to the masses on this board, this might be one of their best shows....EVER.
    The whole building was different, the vibe was different, the set list leaned heavy towards the first 5 records, it was the most
    fun i've seen all band members having on the same night.  

This is a must have for any pearl jam fan.  Again, I've seen them over 100 times, if you were there, you know.
  • Only show that has topped last night for me is Greenville 16. Ready for tomorrow! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• Gonna cause a riot, titling that set list "Dallas."
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    ddeschler said:
    Gonna cause a riot, titling that set list "Dallas."
    Lol yeah. Ed said "Dallas" a few times during the show too.