Options

My setup

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been putting this off for the longest time...don't know if anyone other than Exhausted posted theirs but here it is, note teh damn data transfer limit gets exceeded pretty easily with this so please don't keep reloading it. I made a mistake and took the pictures in high quality so they are a tad big. Compressed it looks a little weird so I hope you don't mind big pictures.

Let me know if ya have any suggestions

http://www.geocities.com/cpl_clegg76/whatchalookinat.html

The chain is:
-footswitch for amp - distortion (crunch and ultra) bypass and reverb
-Vox 848 wah
-Keeley Ultra DS-1
-Octave (Foxrox Captain Coconut 2)
-Fuzzfoot (Foxrox Captain Coconut 2)
-Foxrox Through-Zero-Flanger w/ expression pedal
-Digitech DoublePlay delay/chorus
-Prophecy Sounds Infinitephase (MK-II) w/ expression pedal
-Voodoo Lab Tremolo
-Guyatone MD-3 digital delay
-Pro-Vibe (Foxrox Captain Coconut 2)
-Art FXR multi effects processor
-Roland SDE-1000 Digital Delay (w/ footswitch, it's the thing left of the MD-3 in the pics)
-Yamaha E1005 Analog Delay (w/ footswitch, it's the thing left of the MD-3 in the pics)

I'm thinking of moving the MD-3 before the Infinitephase because it self-oscillates and I like being able to add phase to it.

I was going to buy one of those rack systems to house the ART and Roland rack units but the Roland seems too big and that would be too much weight on the brackets. I don't feell ike buying a professional studio type one for over $100.
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    paco's gonna cream himself.
  • Options
    it's a possibility...I forgot to mention that some of the cables in the pics do suck and I'm well aware of that. I'm gonna order some George L cable as soon as I find a good place to get the connector plugs from.

Should the distortion go before the Fuzz, after or makes no difference?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can't see the pics..... :(

as for the order, i tend to go in order from lowest gain to highest gain but it's really just what sounds best to you.
  • Options
    yeah sorry, I kept reloading the page to make sure everything worked, then it said I exceeded my data transfer limit and it would be unavailable for an hour.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    here's mine.

rack =

mesa boogie 50/50 tube power amp
    line 6 podxt pro w/ line 6 short board
    furman power conditioner.

guitars =

warmoth custom vip all mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, sperzel locking tuners, split coil with bartolini humbuckers.

epiphone les paul standard stock
    epiphone dot all gold hardware..moded

all cables custom made by myself

cabs =
    avatar horizontal 2x12 blonde with 1 vintage 30 and one g12h30

marshall 1966 2x12 with celestions

and thats basically it for my live setup.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah that looks mahveleous EK. How do you like your CC2? is it worth the 400 bucks? I remembered you got the TZF and Infinitphase. those are really cool too. All in all its a really cool setup I bet it sounds awesome.

next thing you need is some kind of sonic maximiser to get the maximum amount of highs and lows and generally tighten everything up. Very impressive setup. Eventually I hope mine is that broad, so many projects.........sigh.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Thanks. I managed to get the CC2 for a lot cheaper tho. He said it was a B stock model, sounded perfect but had some cosmetic imperfections on it so I got it for a reduced price. Haven't seen anything that looked bad on it yet tho. I'm still playing with it, focusing mroe on the vibe right now.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    Thanks. I managed to get the CC2 for a lot cheaper tho. He said it was a B stock model, sounded perfect but had some cosmetic imperfections on it so I got it for a reduced price. Haven't seen anything that looked bad on it yet tho. I'm still playing with it, focusing mroe on the vibe right now.

All I really want is the vibe. I have all but decided to get a Zvex Fuzz Factory for my fuzz/octave. It's so cool. and I can get so many different sounds out of it. Ah well. It's going to be a while anyway unless I just decide to spend some money.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Yeah, teh vibe was mostly what I was looking for but I wanted a better fuzz, too and with a much lower price how could i resist? Have you looked in ther MJM 60's Vibe? I was looking into that before I got the CC2. Hadn't heard any sound clips or anything but it looked interesting but a little high priced
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    yeah the sucky think about all those is the price. I really want to play a provibe if only to check out the ECS feature which I think is cool. The sound is what I want and I am a hendrix SRV Freak and Dave Fox has that nailed, especially with the TZF on the end. I'll continue to search for used but I'm buying a couch today so it'll all have to wait unless I just get the urge.