Options

Screw the Matt cam (not really) give me the Mike cam!!!

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I appreciate Matt is a great drummer but I don't play the drums...it'd be cool to have a Mike cam on the dvds showing his finger work and sometimes split screened with a shot of him working his effects. Cool, no?
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    I agree
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    MONKEYNUTS HAS ALWAYS fORT THIS

he hatES It wen mIKE IS DOIn some bLAZIN solO AND DE CAMERA is shOWIN EDDie scratChiN HIS ARsE
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    It seems like all videos/dvds are like this. I remember watchinf a Doors video once and right before Robbie got to a great solo the camera cuts to that stupid Ray playing his keyboard!

Or the Hendrix video about the band of gypsys where right when he gets to his solo in 'Machine Gun' it cuts to audio of people like Slash saying how much Hendrix influenced him! No shit, Hendrix influenced pretty much every fucking guitarist!!!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    that would be completely sweet - i would LOVE to see that close up - those pictures of his hands from the tour pics on synergy were bad ass -

dominic
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the matt cam is a little in joke inspired by matt's name......
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    I appreciate Matt is a great drummer but I don't play the drums...it'd be cool to have a Mike cam on the dvds showing his finger work and sometimes split screened with a shot of him working his effects. Cool, no?

Indeed.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by MONKEYNUTS
    he hatES It wen mIKE IS DOIn some bLAZIN solO AND DE CAMERA is shOWIN EDDie scratChiN HIS ARsE

Preach on, MN!

I thought the Matt Cam this time around was pretty lame. That typical side-view... couldn't really appreciate the drumming from that perspective. I would rather have had an over-the-shoulder view, looking down at the surface of the drums.

But a Mike Cam would be even better!

Sidenote: Wish they would have included the Cali show with Matt on guitar and Jack Irons on drums as a special feature... instead of Hunger Strike... that would've been sweet!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.