someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i know billy is a big muff fan.

could be both *shrugs*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    muffs. various vintages.
  • sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    70s muff for siemease dream. and for that crazy crazy fucked up sound, thats mr. fender blender.
  • fender blender on most of the really hard songs
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Billy is where i first heard of the flender.

love it ... mmmm yessss....
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Billy knew how to make sound distortion extremely lound 'cos of another band (check his confessions :P)
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    he uses many fuzz boxes and stacks them as well. Just about any Big Muff will do, the older the better. Ram's heads, foxey ladys are very nice.
    He used the Fender Blender as well and they just re-issued it, there is a better clone on the market, let me know if you are interested. D*A*M can do the early Big Muffs and Skreddy nails the rams head with his box called Ernie.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    butch vig's production...
  • Wasn't he also know for running multiple JCM 900 (or a similar Marshal pre-amp) pre-amps in a row?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Wasn't he also know for running multiple JCM 900 (or a similar Marshal pre-amp) pre-amps in a row?

Marshalls and Boogies! The Wall of Noise is a very interesting concept and controll is something that is usually just tossed out the window, if you listen carefully you will notice the huge amounts of compression. Corgan played many tunes in drop d with a capo, so getting a good transcipt is 99% of the battle when trying to play SP. I am shocked that some of the stuff being sold is blessed by the band, it is completly wrong!
    There are also typically many guitar tracks layered on every tune, so you have to really pay attention to what you are hearing. At the end of the day, it all adds up to the Wall of Noise!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board