rotten son of a bitch! (RIP Peavey)

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, the prologue is a little over 2 years ago i fell in love w/ a girl 2 states away and moved in w/ her leaving my gear (no way my car could fit the amp) i just brought some useful things like clothes, cds, movies, books...

ok, so we go up there to catch PJ in DC, my parents had moved my stuff from the townhouse i shared to their place to store it until i got it.

so i go to their place all happy to see my stuff and load my car up w/ some of it and i as i look around i notice i don't see my Peavey Ultra 120 anywhere...i see my guitars, i see my effects, but no amp. I ask my parents and they say they have no idea, it's been far too long to remember. i dig all around (but come on, how can ya miss a 4 speaker stack??)

so it is gone, i guess my old roommate stole and sold it like he did my xbox and some other things. while it's my fault for leaving it....come on man!!! wtf!?!?!?

the worst part is i had jsut put new tubes in it :( was planning and swapping out the speakers, too. but now it's gone. and i bought it from a friend for $250 (for the stack AND head!) when he was $250 short for a new Fender amp he wanted. no way in hell i'll be able to find anything close to that for $250. I looked it up and to replace it (if we're talking new stuff) would be close to $1,000.

what a fucking dick!

it wasn't best amp in the world but it was the only one i had. at least all my effects and guitars were still there.
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• have to you talked to the guy at all? It might not be worth it but I would fight this guy for it.

Anyway, you can start off new now...i guess thats a good thing :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    If he sold that + your X-Box to cover rent that you skipped out on, you're screwed. IF on the other hand, he simply stole both, he has committed a felony in most states, as the value of both items combined is greater than $300.

Just some food for thought.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    no, it wasn't to cover rent. he's in prison now so there's no talking to him or hopes of getting it or any $.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, that sucks. I guess the only good thing is that you get to start fresh.

That's just one of those things that drives you insane and is really upsetting, I mean hell even if he sold the damned amp he probably didn't get what it was worth, and hell leave the cabinet you bastard.

I hate if for you EK, I know how it feels.

You could sue him, but as he's in prison and has next to nothing anyway it's probably not going to do much for you but be a hassle.....although it would be covered by renters insurance if you have that.

good thing the effects and guitars were still there but that's just a tiny bright side, the whole thing just sucks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.