london fuzz and a moog ring mod - make me an offer

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
looking thru some old stuff trying to make room for a move and i never really liked the london fuzz and i never really found a practical use for myself w/ the moog ring modulator so i'd be willing to let these go if anyone is interested
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    El_Kabong wrote:
    looking thru some old stuff trying to make room for a move and i never really liked the london fuzz and i never really found a practical use for myself w/ the moog ring modulator so i'd be willing to let these go if anyone is interested
    I'm pretty broke and I'm sure I can't afford it but how much are you lookin for the moog?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I can't believe anyone would sell the Moog ring mod. I have one and it ain't ever leaving my sight!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    What is a Moog Ring Mod. What kind of effects does it produce?
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Jam10 wrote:
    What is a Moog Ring Mod. What kind of effects does it produce?

It's a ring modulator:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_modulation
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    The moogerfooger ring mod is an absolutely amazing pedal. I have one. It's a must have for anyone who is into playing a lot of different instruments. It might be a little on the less than super useful side for people looking to play straight ahead rock and roll guitar. The LFO (low frequency oscillator) on the moog ring mod is like butter, rich and smooth. That said, a ring mod is not the sort of thing you necessarily keep in line on your pedal board all the time. It produces amazing strangeness and disonnance. The moog ring mod works incredibly well on bass and keyboards as well as guitar. It's a great pedal for sound smiths and people looking to create unique noises. If you are just looking to sound like Mike and Stone though, it may not be the ticket.

Oh, btw, for anyone already interested in Ring Modulators, I've tried several... vintage Electro Harmonix and even the hard to find Lovetone Ring Stinger which goes for hundreds more than the moog. The Moogerfooger is hands down the best Ring mod in my opinion. The tone is lush... and remember, it's possible to control four parameters on the moog with expression pedals while playing. I personally think it's the cream of the moogerfooger crop... though again, it's not a meat and potatoes effect that a player is likely to use everyday.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    oh, i forgot to mention, unless i can't find it, an expression pedal comes w/ it. my amp was stolen a while back and the moog's just sat in a tupper ware container for close to 4 years now.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    I'm pretty broke and I'm sure I can't afford it but how much are you lookin for the moog?

i'm not sure how much i want for it yet. i might have some more to get rid of, i'll need to go thru them and see what i want to keep and what i really don't use anymore.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    All right. Just let me know what you're thinking of. No rush, at all, man.
    All right. Just let me know what you're thinking of. No rush, at all, man.

how's $150? i'll pay for shipping if you paid for order tracking

i havent' looked but the expression pedal should still be there
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    El_Kabong wrote:
    how's $150? i'll pay for shipping if you paid for order tracking

i havent' looked but the expression pedal should still be there
    Lemme check my funds, can I get back to you in a day? (don't worry about holding it for me, if you get a better offer, that's totally cool)

*Edit* I just realized that I'm about $500 in debt (thanks for reminding me, dad) so I'm not going to be able to buy anything for a while :( It really sucks when your jeep only takes premium and has a big engine... sorry if I held you back any...goodluck selling it. I'll ask around out here though, if you want.