Help for Floor entry Chicago night 2

I’m attending night 2 in Chicago and my tickets are GA floor. It’s my first GA floor show since 1996. I’m wondering if anyone can share tips for getting a good spot in front of the stage. I’m average height and am worried that I will have someone 6’ 5” in front of me (always my luck). Also, my son will be attending with me and it’s his first PJ show so I’m hoping it’s excellent for him.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    nkables said:
    I’m attending night 2 in Chicago and my tickets are GA floor. It’s my first GA floor show since 1996. I’m wondering if anyone can share tips for getting a good spot in front of the stage. I’m average height and am worried that I will have someone 6’ 5” in front of me (always my luck). Also, my son will be attending with me and it’s his first PJ show so I’m hoping it’s excellent for him.
    Go down now and get a bracelet with a number on it. Come back before 430 and get back in line and you will be close 
    Sorry I see you mean Chi N2

Just be there before bracelets are handed at at 9am and you will be top 100 easily
  • tottototto Posts: 291
    I was GA in St Paul night one. We stood outside until 5:30. They let us in gave us wrist bands and then let us on the floor. Everyone was cool with leaving one at a time to use the bathroom and get a drink but once it filled up it was pretty hard to get in an out so balance the fluid intake. I counted us being about 70th in line at noon to get in and we ended up in the second row of people behind the rail. We went to mike side and found a spot behind the shortest people we could find. 
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • nkablesnkables Posts: 5
    edited September 2023
    PJNB said:

Just be there before bracelets are handed at at 9am and you will be top 100 easily
    I won’t be able to get there until close to 11am, do you think I will have a shot at getting somewhere near the stage?
    Post edited by nkables on
    Yes you will still be in a great spot. 

We showed up at noon for St Paul and were 3 rows back on Mikes side 

• totto said:
    I was GA in St Paul night one. We stood outside until 5:30. They let us in gave us wrist bands and then let us on the floor. Everyone was cool with leaving one at a time to use the bathroom and get a drink but once it filled up it was pretty hard to get in an out so balance the fluid intake. I counted us being about 70th in line at noon to get in and we ended up in the second row of people behind the rail. We went to mike side and found a spot behind the shortest people we could find. 
    What time did you arrive?
  • nkablesnkables Posts: 5
    edited September 2023
    PJNB said:
    Yes you will still be in a great spot. 

We showed up at noon for St Paul and were 3 rows back on Mikes side

thanks
  • PJNB said:

Every show is 9am for bracelets? Or just Chicago?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    Based on last night - I rolled in at 7:20pm (no lining up, no waiting) and noticed Stone's side was 4-5 people deep and plenty of spots on the side rails if you don't want to be packed in. Mike's side and the center will get a lot more attention and depth. Just make friends with the people around you and things should go smoothly. 
    PJNB said:

Every show is 9am for bracelets? Or just Chicago?
    So far just Chicago. It is venue specific. I would not be surprised if all 4 TX shows had it. Not sure on Indy
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Posts: 1,000
    Thanks for this thread. Tomorrow will be my first GA experience.  Can I get bracelets for both me and my ticket buddy if I’m by myself in the morning?  I have both tickets on my phone
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    edited September 2023
    Here's a quick cheatsheet of the process for new people...
    • Must be in person to get wristbands. No holding spots in line or collecting multiple wristbands.
    • United Center will start handing wristbands out from 9am until roughly 4:30pm.
    • After getting a wristband, you're free to leave. No need to be in line all day, no tailgating, etc. Grab some merch or enjoy the city.
    • Be sure to come back and find your numbered spot in the line before 4:30pm. Security will check numbers and help reform the line.
    • If you show up later than 4:30pm, you'll be told to go to the end of the line regardless of wristband.
    • Between 4:30pm and 6:00pm the line will remain outside until doors open. There are bathrooms in the Atrium.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,714
    jonsey30 said:
    Thanks for this thread. Tomorrow will be my first GA experience.  Can I get bracelets for both me and my ticket buddy if I’m by myself in the morning?  I have both tickets on my phone
    They usually won’t do that. Both of you have to be there. They physically put the bracelet on you. 
  • tschav said:
    Here's a quick cheatsheet of the process for new people...
    • Must be in person to get wristbands. No holding spots in line or collecting multiple wristbands.
    • United Center will start handing wristbands out from 9am until roughly 4:30pm.
    • After getting a wristband, you're free to leave. No need to be in line all day, no tailgating, etc. Grab some merch or enjoy the city.
    • Be sure to come back and find your numbered spot in the line before 4:30pm. Security will check numbers and help reform the line.
    • If you show up later than 4:30pm, you'll be told to go to the end of the line regardless of wristband.
    • Between 4:30pm and 6:00pm the line will remain outside until doors open. There are bathrooms in the Atrium.
    Thanks for the helpful info!
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Posts: 1,000

7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL