Options

putting a load on a head.....

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hi. just wondering if anyone can help me out with something. ive got a marshall mg100 halfstack with seperate head and 2x12 cab. i want to start recording my guitar on to my pc using cubase sx but i dont want to constantly be carrying my head and cab up and downstaires from my room to where my pc is in our dining room. The mg100 head has an emulated line out that doubles up as a headphones output. What i was wondering is if anyone knows of any way?device/thing i can use to put a load on the speaker output of the head as we all know that you should NEVER switch your head on without connecting the cab to it to load it down.
thanks in advance for any suggestions/ ideas...
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by kigcat
    hi. just wondering if anyone can help me out with something. ive got a marshall mg100 halfstack with seperate head and 2x12 cab. i want to start recording my guitar on to my pc using cubase sx but i dont want to constantly be carrying my head and cab up and downstaires from my room to where my pc is in our dining room. The mg100 head has an emulated line out that doubles up as a headphones output. What i was wondering is if anyone knows of any way?device/thing i can use to put a load on the speaker output of the head as we all know that you should NEVER switch your head on without connecting the cab to it to load it down.
    thanks in advance for any suggestions/ ideas...

http://www.webervst.com

Weber MASS-emulator, or load box. check it out. Ted is a smart guy

You can use the MASS as a DI (direct in) which is really what you need, a (DI)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    http://www.webervst.com

Weber MASS-emulator, or load box. check it out. Ted is a smart guy

You can use the MASS as a DI (direct in) which is really what you need, a (DI)

I second the nomination. The motion has been moved and seconded. We will now move to a direct vote...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.