help with my rotovibe

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey ya`ll. well my ebay bought 2nd hand rotovibe turned up yesterday. Its nice i like it. I thought it sounded a bit thin so i took the base off to have a look inside and noticed 2 20k potentiometers inside. I emailed the guy to ask if he knew if they had been adjusted and he said that his father who used to own it had it adjusted them. My question is does anyone know what they do?
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i don't know but it can't hurt to tweak them a bit to experiment. just remember where they're set now.
  • One adjusts the speed,,, you can slow down the rate,
    and one adjusts the depth, I believe.

Sometimes they're glued in place at the factory and you can heat the glue to get it off, but it sounds like its already done.

I don't think it'll adjust the tone much, but you should be fine experimenting with them. That's what they're there for. Just remember where you turned them from so you can put them back. The former owner probably adjusted it so that it slowed the rate of chorus down.

Have fun with it! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • kigcat wrote:
    cool. dont suppose you know which is which? haha one is kinda sideways on and the other is kinda like in line with the pcb (if that makes sense?)

No,,, my memory doesn't go back past a day! :D Sorry!

Keep the bottom off, plug it in,,, play a chord and let the ring, unplug it, and turn one a bit and see what it does! You won't hurt anything.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart