Options

Just Admit It

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
The fact that voting at this point matters,is laughable. Sit back and let them vote themselves in,just like they've always done. Just admit it,that if you have no power or money,what you think or want is irrelevant. 

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    joseph33 said:
    The fact that voting at this point matters,is laughable. Sit back and let them vote themselves in,just like they've always done. Just admit it,that if you have no power or money,what you think or want is irrelevant. 
    Why are there legislative differences across all 50 states then? 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    joseph33 said:
    All the millionaires and billionaires don't agree on everything?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    joseph33 said:
    They want to pay more taxes in certain states?

Maybe you’re just talking about corporate money involved in politics and elections and how that effects who’s a candidate. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    joseph33 said:

Maybe you’re just talking about corporate money involved in politics and elections and how that effects who’s a candidate. 
    Yes
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    I admit nothing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    OK, I'll admit it:  this thread is laughable.  Hahaha...zzzzzzzzz
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I admit it; what's to say
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    joseph33 said:

Yes
    Which doesn’t make them all the same, e.g. if we had Gore and not Bush, we don’t have the Iraq War. I’ll die on this hill. 
  • Options
    Or as Ed would say:  Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ADMIT IT!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    joseph33 said:

Yes
    Which doesn’t make them all the same, e.g. if we had Gore and not Bush, we don’t have the Iraq War. I’ll die on this hill. 
    That and if we had H. Clinton and not Trump, the SCOTUS would be a lot different (albeit, probably only six members).

We might not have as much choice (or as much range in choice) as would be ideal, but the belief that they're both the same encourages apathy and shifts the perception of the value of "my vote" vs. "what actually happens."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OK, now I'll stop being a smart ass and give a straight answer.  I acknowledge (acknowledging being more involved in thought and less inclined to implied liability) that both parties lack the will or desire even to address certain issues with the strength needed to overcome adversity.  This is particularly true in such cases as neither party doing enough to prevent catastrophic climate change (too late- the best we can do now is mitigate) or racism, etc.  But one party (we all know which one) is more inclined than the other to make improvements in these areas.  Is that enough?  Of course not.  That's why we need organizations that work to make these improvements and people like Opal Tometi, Captain Paul Watson, Julia Butterfly Hill, Bill McKibben, you, me, and millions more like us who do that kind of work. 
    But so you're gonna throw away the little help that government can and sometimes does contribute?  That's just plain ridiculous.