boss ds1

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
just wondering what peoples opinions of this pedal are. and if you got any good suggested settings :)
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Generic distortion. Plug it in, turn it on, the first thing you'll say is, "I've heard this sound before." It's one of the first pedals anyone should ever own, especially considering the price. It'll sound okay during the time you're figuring out how to sound good.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    hell ive been playing for 17 years think i know the sound im after by now ;) just got the pedal and aint had much chance to muck about with it yet. using it in conjunction with a sd 1 among other things. i was really just wondering if anyone had any settings that they wish to share with me.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i built a feedback loop into mine. i couldn't find any normal setting on it that i liked.

i would imagine it's ok in front of a darker amp but it's way too bright in front of my fender.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,133
    get the DS-2 instead
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    I have the Boss DD-20 Drive Zone. Not too expensive considering what most of the pedals are going for now. It has this one and all the other Boss distortions built in. But unlike a normal multi-effects you have all the knobs to tweak it easily. I love the "Bottom" effect, which really helps add a little extra to the sound without having to pump up the distortion too much. Check one out if you're at a music shop.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you