humbucker question

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anyone know if all humbuckers can be split coiled? ive got a les paul clone which has got some pretty nice zebra style humbuckers in it and when they were fitted they were fitted with a coil tap. Now i want to change them out as ive gone off the look of the cream and black stripe style and just want all black ones and i kinda want to get a bit more kick out of them. what i want to know is can all humbuckers be coil tapped or just certain types?
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by kigcat
    does anyone know if all humbuckers can be split coiled? ive got a les paul clone which has got some pretty nice zebra style humbuckers in it and when they were fitted they were fitted with a coil tap. Now i want to change them out as ive gone off the look of the cream and black stripe style and just want all black ones and i kinda want to get a bit more kick out of them. what i want to know is can all humbuckers be coil tapped or just certain types?

They have to be 4 conductor.

Check out http://www.seymourduncan.com

you might take special notice of the george lynch screamin demon
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.