United center GA

ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
edited September 2023 in The Porch
Forgive me if this was already posted.  Seems like they are using a # wristband system for GA https://www.unitedcenter.com/events/2023/09/05/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour/
Post edited by ham_on_rye on

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 754
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • What if I already have permanent black sharpie on my hand? A hobo tattoo if you will. If I show up at 7 and demand to be in front that should work as in the past. I’ve been in line all month, but also I’ve been in my hotel room, and getting lunch, and a nap. Mike said he will let me on rail. He didn’t say it but we telepathically communicated it during St Paul 2. 
  • What if I already have permanent black sharpie on my hand? A hobo tattoo if you will. If I show up at 7 and demand to be in front that should work as in the past. I’ve been in line all month, but also I’ve been in my hotel room, and getting lunch, and a nap. Mike said he will let me on rail. He didn’t say it but we telepathically communicated it during St Paul 2. 
    Um... I lived this same story before Wrigley 16’
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    Better be back by 4:25...

• LATE ARRIVAL: If a guest with a numbered wristband arrives after 4:30 p.m., the guest will be placed in line after the last guest in line. Guests without wristbands arriving after 4:30 pm will also be placed in line after the last guest in line.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Might be a stupid question but I'm assuming they'll hand out wristbands in sequential order?!?! So both people (if attending with a partner) need to show up to receive a wristband, correct?
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
    edited September 2023
    PJammin said:
    Might be a stupid question but I'm assuming they'll hand out wristbands in sequential order?!?! So both people (if attending with a partner) need to show up to receive a wristband, correct?
    “Please note- you must have your ticket to obtain a wristband and only one wristband per person”.

One per person  makes me think you are correct. Both you and your partner need to be present to get your own wristbands.
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
    I assumed so as well. 
    Now the United Center is just going to have people lining up to be first in line for the 9 AM distribution. The random draw lottery for the starting point is the play here if they really want to avoid people lining up. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,948
    edited September 2023
    Posted this in GTF and the F2F thread, but leaving it here as well...

I have a pair of GA tickets for Chicago N2 (9/7) that I would be willing to trade, but the sections, rows and seats that I'd be willing to trade for are very specific.  These include:

Section 113, rows 1-3, seats 10-20
    Section 121, rows 1-3, seats 1-10

Please DM me if interested.  Please do NOT message me with any other trade offers.  I am not selling these and I am not going to trade for any other seats.  I realize these are very specific trade requests, but this is the only way I would forego using the GA tickets.  Thank you.
    Post edited by bbiggs on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    bbiggs said:

I have a pair of GA tickets for Chicago N2 (9/7) that I would be willing to trade, but the sections, rows and seats that I'd be willing to trade for are very specific.  These include:

Section 114, rows 1-3, seats 1-5
    Section 120, rows 1-3, seats 10-14

Please DM me if interested.  Please do NOT message me with any other trade offers.  I am not selling these and I am not going to trade for any other seats.  I realize these are very specific trade requests, but this is the only way I would forego using the GA tickets.  Thank you.
    @BBiggs would section 113 row 3 seats 8 and 9 work?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Section 114, rows 1-3, seats 1-5
    Section 120, rows 1-3, seats 10-14

@BBiggs would section 113 row 3 seats 8 and 9 work?  
    Nice post Mikey
  • I laughed
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,948
    I laughed
    There’s always a class clown in the bunch…and coming from a teacher in this case. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    You guys love me.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone heard any information on what the process with be for the Noblesville show?  I tried sending Ruoff a message and they told me they didn't know yet.  I know the official parking lot opening time usually isn't until around 4pm but wondering if they will also do a bracelet system in the morning.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    I’m not going to Chicago and the numbered wristbands sound official. But the first day in St. Paul we were told we were getting numbered wristbands at 10:00am. Then they came back out and told us that the Pearl Jam’s promotion team wouldn’t let them give wristbands so they weren’t going to do it. I don’t know what that means for Chicago though. 
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited September 2023
    My friend was there last week for Arctic Monkeys and the UC has a strict no tailgating policy so they probably don’t want people camping out all day around the building is my guess. But I agree with @GlowGirl as my buddy was there at 4 am and a bunch of people with no wristband cut in front of them in St. P night 1. 
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Does anyone know what side gate 5 is at?  I don't see it on any map 
  • bbiggs said:
    I laughed
    There’s always a class clown in the bunch…and coming from a teacher in this case. 
    I've never asked, but my guess is he is a teacher at a clown school.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    edited September 2023
    never mind
    Post edited by wiscojam on
  • scootiep7 said:
    Does anyone know what side gate 5 is at?  I don't see it on any map 

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    edited September 2023
    PJammin said:
    Now the United Center is just going to have people lining up to be first in line for the 9 AM distribution. The random draw lottery for the starting point is the play here if they really want to avoid people lining up. 
    Exactly. The "sequential wristband" thing is dumb. People will just line up a day or two early.

The only time this would ever work is if it was random. People get in line based on a random number drawn at 4pm. If number 22 is drawn, that number is first, all the way up to the highest number present. Number 1 would be next and #21 would be last.

Anyone not there at 4pm would go after everyone who was.

If it's random, it wouldn't necessarily matter if you got #1 or #200. All numbers would have an equal shot of being first if you were there at 4pm. If #22 was drawn and not there, the closest would go first. If #23 wasn't there, #24 would be first. If #24 wasn't there, #25 would be first. Nobody allowed in line after 4pm, except if you go to the back.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • scootiep7 said:
    Does anyone know what side gate 5 is at?  I don't see it on any map 

Thanks.  There's a security guy up at that area giving out the wrist bands. 
  • Anyone by chance know the inside merch locations for early entry GA. The guy said there were 4 in the 100 sections 
  • @scootiep7 check your PM’s
    scootiep7 said:
    Anyone by chance know the inside merch locations for early entry GA. The guy said there were 4 in the 100 sections 
    110 and 113 /114 were definite locations on Tuesday