help me decide to bite the bullet

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok now some of you guys are gonna laugh at this and i cant say i`ll blame you but this is kinda a worrying thing for me. Ive been playing for nearly 18 years now and for about 16 years ive used just one delay pedal, my lovely secondhand extremely cheap ibanez soundtank dl5! HAHA yes i know... they are cheap but i just love it. it really has become a part of me and my sound. Now unfortunately this pedal is kinda on its last legs and im highly considering getting the boss dd3. (cant really go above the price range of it) im just abit worried that it may seem to different to me and change "my" sound. One of the things i love about the dl5 is the way you can wind down the delay time to get that lovely squelching sound but from the pictures ive seen of the dd3 the time settings seem to be click dial? also i find that the dl5 has an almost analoguey rusticy sound to it and i get the impression the dd3 is gonna sound too clean and change my sound abit too much.
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    to be honest, i find the DD-3 just too sterile and robotic. and given that it's a pure digital delay, that's to be expected.

have a look at the digitech digidelay, a danelectro dan-echo and even the danelectro PB&J mini-delay. all three have more character than the DD-3.

i'd suggest the line6 echo park too but may be out of the price range you're looking in.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    exhausted wrote:
    i'd suggest the line6 echo park too but may be out of the price range you're looking in.

I was gonna suggest that, too. It'd be worth playing thru once before you buy, anyways.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • the boss dd3 and dd6 are increadible pedals i think.

i own one of love it to death.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"