woohoo my usa strat arrives tomorrow :D

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
woow cant wait haha. been playing for coming on 17 years and ive finally got the guitar ive always wanted :D a usa fender strat with a rosewood neck and 3 tone sunburst :D ordered it on saturday and they`re shipping it out either today or tomorrow :D so i`ll have it in time for my bands gig on saturday night :) just one question. does anyone know if usa strats actually come with a strap haha? im assuming it would but you never know ;) haha
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Congrats and enjoy.

I am jealous. :)
  • yes they come with a fender strap that is of decent quality.

Congrats.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    very cool... I hope the gig goes well too.
    There's No Code.
  • My dream guitar is a 1959 strat, though an American Deluxe would be more practical. Hope you enjoy.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    just got my tracker number :) its en route :D should be here in time for tomorrows band practice so the first time i play it will be through my marshall at our rehearsal space hehe. not sure if i`ll use it for our gig on saturday though as i wanna get used to how it reacts first and i dont wanna spend the gig trying to get the response out of it that i can instantly get out of my tele.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
    well my strat turned up today. got home from work at lunchtime. neighbour came round who had kindly taken it in from delivery. exstatically i take it from her and run into the living room and carefully undo the box. slide out the case, open the case and there infront of me is a usa fender 3 tone sunburst with.... A BLOODY MAPLE NECK :( arrghh i ordered a rosewood neck :( so now its gotta go back :(
  • kigcat wrote:
    well my strat turned up today. got home from work at lunchtime. neighbour came round who had kindly taken it in from delivery. exstatically i take it from her and run into the living room and carefully undo the box. slide out the case, open the case and there infront of me is a usa fender 3 tone sunburst with.... A BLOODY MAPLE NECK :( arrghh i ordered a rosewood neck :( so now its gotta go back :(

did u atleast play it?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    That's no good. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they get it all straightened out... those places are usually pretty good about working with you on those things.
    There's No Code.
    woo hoo replacement arrived in under a day :D:D oh my god im in love haha!! been playing yellow leadbetter for the past hour :) can life get any better than this?? only annoying thing is they forgot to put the accessories pack in with the replacement haha! oh well they are sending it down today so i`ll get it tomorrow :) that courier guy must bloody hate me by now haha ;)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    kigcat wrote:
    woo hoo replacement arrived in under a day :D:D oh my god im in love haha!! been playing yellow leadbetter for the past hour :) can life get any better than this?? only annoying thing is they forgot to put the accessories pack in with the replacement haha! oh well they are sending it down today so i`ll get it tomorrow :) that courier guy must bloody hate me by now haha ;)

excellent, you and I have very similar tastes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Hey I'm just curious why don't you like the Maple neck? I'm trying to gather some ideas for my next guitar and all....thanks
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    kigcat wrote:

HAHA...I bet you're not even worried about the accessory pack at the moment.

When i went in to town the other day to try a tele, the first track i played was ledbetter too.

Glad you're enjoying your new toy. 3 tone sunburst? Beautiful!!
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Good Choice old chap! hope it plays like jesus himself routed the body and God set it up for you. strats man......cant get enough of them! a bit of a shame about the ordering blunders eh, but frigg it, your rockin in the free world now.....
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey I'm just curious why don't you like the Maple neck? I'm trying to gather some ideas for my next guitar and all....thanks

It's partly an aesthetic choice partly a tone choice. Maple necks and fingerboards are brighter sounding than rosewood. Rosewood tends to be warmer and softer.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's partly an aesthetic choice partly a tone choice. Maple necks and fingerboards are brighter sounding than rosewood. Rosewood tends to be warmer and softer.

haha thank you for answering the question for me :) thats just about what i would have said :) and yeah she is lovely :) my girlfriend now believes she is a guitar widow hehehe. i feel like ive gone up the property ladder and playing with the big boys now :P :D