woohoo finally sorted out me electro acoustic!!

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i dont know if anyone here remembers the trouble i had with my electro acoustic. I put a post up quite a few months ago asking ppl if they had any ideas as to what the problem was. Generally the low E string was coming through twice as loud as any other string when it was plugged in but acoustically it was fine. The damn thing bugged me for months. I even got a new pre-amp and pick up system for it thinking that maybe it was that that was at fault. Well a few weeks ago when i took my strat in to be set up i mentioned it to the guy and he knew what it was instantly. He said the saddle was too tight in the saddle at the bass and i had to take all the strings off remove the saddle and sand its sides down evenly. So a few hours ago i bit the bullet. I took all the strings off and went to take the saddle out (yeah it was damn tight in the bridge) Got the saddle out and spent about 20 minutes with some glass paper rubbing the little bugger down. Went to put it back and it fitted in nice and loosely. Restrung her, tuned her up, plugged her in and....... oh my god!! HAHAHAH gorgeous :) soo happy to have her back and sounding nice :)
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    outstanding. now while you're at it will you refret my acoustic and re string it for me so it will sound good again? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    funny you should say that.... while the guy was setting up my strat he was shimming a £900 classical guitar. He was removing the fretboard with a hot iron and a cake slice hahaha but it worked! hahaha
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?