Request to play Release for Ray Hadden in Minnesota 9-2 RIP

jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
edited August 2023 in The Porch
I know there are dozens of requests for songs every show but I’m hoping this one can be done.  My best friend Ray Hadden just died after a very long battle with complications of liver disease. He was an amazing person. The most giving person I’ve ever known. Would most literally give you the shirt off his back and the last penny he had.   Ray was in the ICU for months and asked me to come see him. I was selfish and kept putting it off.  By the time I got unselfish enough to go, it was too late. He was already unresponsive. I was able to go say good bye two days before he passed. I’ll never forgive myself for being so selfish in not going when he asked. His last memory of his childhood best friend was of me not showing up.  He was the biggest PJ fan in the world and my fondest memories of him are singing release at the top of his lungs.  Hopefully he will be listening from above if this song is played. I love you Ray and sorry for not being there when u needed me. You were an amazing person. 
Post edited by jmug23 on

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    so sorry about your friend. don't beat yourself up about it. I didn't go see my grampa in the hospital when he was dying of cancer on Christmas day years ago. I was afraid of how I'd react. I never saw him again. But I'm sure he knew I loved him. it was my own bullshit (I was young) that kept me away. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Thanks man. Yeah causes me a lot of sadness, but is what it is. I’m sure he’s listening to every PJ album up above. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Release for Ray Please tomorrow night. 
  • mrezoocmrezooc Posts: 176
    Sorry for your loss. It’s hard seeing people go down hill and you want to remember them when they were healthy. No body wants the last memories to be of someone in a hospital bed. 5 years ago we were in Chicago (night 2) and our best friend was in hospice dying. He had gifted his family and best friends songs. He gifted us the song “Comeback”. I was messaging him the songs as they were played and he was listening to them on Apple Music as of he was there. That night they played come back. Less than a week later he passed. You made it to say goodbye and he knows you were there. @pearljam Play “Release” as a closer tomorrow night in St. Paul and dedicate it to Ray. I hope you hear this song tomorrow night.