Options

*** ST PAUL 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 157
    edited September 2023
    I’ve seen crazy Mary into alive at way too many shows not a fan same with elderly and daughter and dotc and sbwm the shows never get going maybe leash for crazy Mary and let the first set get 10 or 11 fast songs in a row is what I would like don’t care if it is 23 songs or length except for go lbc and insignificance same set as last year😕 
    Post edited by devonfz on
  • Options
    No Vitalogy is kind of odd 
    Perhaps they are saving it for tomorrow's Vitalogy show?
    I think it's just that they're trying for "no repeats except Alive" for the 2 night stands, so you have to leave some in the chamber.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    mcgruff10 said:
    Some of the guys are now 60. We should be thankful we get 24 song sets.
    stop with this please.  
    No shit. Pretty ridiculous take. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    I highly doubt it's about age. it's about ed's voice. 40 years of smoking/drinking will do that. no judgement, just facts. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It obviously just what they want to do
     Either go with it or don't..
    Don't go then complain that makes zero sence.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I agree. I've said before I'm fine with the shorter sets. makes it more of a guessing game. I WISH I was able to make these st paul shows. super bummed I had to sell. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,356
    We just got spoiled for a long time. It was inevitable sets would have to get shorter again. Ed can't sing 30+ songs a night at the speed they were playing then. I'm sure the physical demand on everyone else is a lot as well.

Of course ticket prices have to increase as well. They're a legacy act. Too many mouths to feed at each show. Rarities for fans who have seen 50+ shows and hits for newbies has to be balanced. I loved hearing everything they played the other night. Definitely wasn't disappointed.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I loved an answer that Hugh Dillon (Headstones lead singer) gave me when I asked him if they'd ever play The Streets of Laredo (an obscure track they did for a movie soundtrack). He said "not likely; everyone in the audience except you would think I'm singing "Sheeps Love Tomatoes". LOL

I've often thought of making that into a T shirt to wear to Headstones shows. emoji sheep heart tomato on the front, Sheeps Love Tomatoes written on the back. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Some of the guys are now 60. We should be thankful we get 24 song sets.
    stop with this please.  
    No shit. Pretty ridiculous take. 
    What part is ridiculous? Acknowledging the reality of aging and the incredible demands that touring puts on the human body, or being satisfied and grateful for getting to see them for any length show?
  • Options
    @GlowGirl - i keep looking, and looking, and checking out that picture of Mike. It needs to be a poster!  It is so awesome!  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    NEweather said:
    @GlowGirl - i keep looking, and looking, and checking out that picture of Mike. It needs to be a poster!  It is so awesome!  
    Thanks. I have a lot of good ones from that night. Hopefully, I will get more tonight. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,267
    edited September 2023
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,897
    I loved an answer that Hugh Dillon (Headstones lead singer) gave me when I asked him if they'd ever play The Streets of Laredo (an obscure track they did for a movie soundtrack). He said "not likely; everyone in the audience except you would think I'm singing "Sheeps Love Tomatoes". LOL

I've often thought of making that into a T shirt to wear to Headstones shows. emoji sheep heart tomato on the front, Sheeps Love Tomatoes written on the back. 
    This reminds me of the story Colin Hay (of Men at Work) tells about how he met a guy on the street who was gushing about what a huge fan of Men at Work he was. The guy told Hay he particularly loved Men at Work's song about goats. Hay didn't know what he was talking about, so the guy started singing: "Go-o-o-ats appear and fa-ade a-way..." The lyric, from the Men at Work hit "Overkill" is actually "Ghosts appear and fade away."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Why dont you use it?
    Try not to bruise it.
    My favorite Duran Duran song. 
    It is one of their two U.S. number ones on the Hot 100, so that's a popular opinion, but their greatest song is unquestionably "Ordinary World," a mere No. 3 hit.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Glad to see Insignificance back.  Need more from 2000 to 2006.  Much, much less from 2020:)
    I'd be really annoyed if I finally got my chance to see Gigaton songs played live and then they didn't play them.

See Oakland 2022. Originally scheduled to end the tour before the pandemic hit. Then MC gets Covid and we get very little Gigaton.
    I did see Oakland 2022 but, as you note, there were some special circumstances involved there. Fortunately for me, I had seen all three Ohana shows in 2021, plus the first four shows of the 2022 tour so, although I would have been happy to continue hearing Gigaton songs, I wasn't annoyed by not hearing as many in Oakland (or Fresno) as I might have otherwise been, especially under the circumstances.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Glad to see Seven O Clock sticking around, it got cut as an audible a lot last year, and it’s really good live imo.
    It was definitely the piss break song. Arena cleared out. I like it,  but it's a flow killer because half the audience doesn't know it. I was probably the only near me singing along. 
    It's so powerful live as it builds to the crescendo. People are missing out.
  • Options
    7:00 is a big momentum killer. It is the Sirens of gigaton. I hope the band takes note. My wife was like, "Where is everyone going???"
    In my opinion it is a much better song than Sirens. Slower tempo for sure. Not for the casual fan that doesn't own any albums after Vs
    In a world where their whole catalog is easily available to stream, not only for people who subscribe to streaming services, but also for free on YouTube, it has never been easier for audiences to get familiar with a band's catalog.

I have been a Wilco fan since they started, and I remember how audiences in 1999/2000 would get very quiet when they played anything off their first album (from 1995). If you didn't own it, you couldn't hear it. Now, they play songs from that album and most of the audience knows every word, and it's not because that album retroactively sold a ton of copies. It's because of streaming.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,547
    Second encore, only one song played from Gigaton (Who Ever Said)
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I think you're talking about St. Paul 2.
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263

that is pretty funny and a good story HFD.  Hate you were not able to make the shows at St Paul.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    They played Take the Long Way as well giving Gigaton the same number of songs as Backspacer.  Nothing wrong with Backspacer BTW.  They played probably my 2 favorite songs off of it.  Would love to hear more than only 2 from Gigaton though.  I feel I am in the minority in that I love that album.  Backspacer is a like.  Gigaton is a love.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.