Chicago Night 1 - Help / Suggestions Heartbeat request

My sister, Erin, died unexpectedly of cancer back in March - she was 46. She was my ride or die PJ tour buddy and we'd seen over 30 shows together over the years - PJ20, Ice Bowl, Moline, Yieldwaukee, all the Wrigley Shows, MSG, Seattle, etc. The upcoming Chicago shows will be my first without her, so it is going to be bittersweet, but damn it I am going to find a way to "Smile" anyway.

The last thing Erin said as we were saying our final goodbyes was - “Always remember Rock N Roll, Always remember Pearl Jam. Get me on the stage!”

We had no idea what that last request meant, but have been thinking of a way to accomplish it. We were given a copy of her EKG/heartbeat that final day and that reminded me of the Gigaton cover and thought it was meant to be.  I was thinking somehow we can get the paper heartbeat printout up on the stage so she can be there in spirit for one last show. Side stage, on the ground, anything unobtrusive and out of the way, it is more symbolic and meaningful than anything, just hoping to get it on the stage in some way.

I was hoping to get GA to somehow throw it up there myself, but ended up with 100 level seats. I am going to night 1 Chicago with my Dad (the dad who also got us into our first show in 1994 at Chicago Stadium), so really wanted to get it up there for that show, as it will also be our first PJ show without her.

Any suggestions on how to pull this off? I have emailed Ten Club with a copy of the heartbeat. I have mailed Ten Club with a copy as well, but haven't heard anything. I understand they have to be super busy with tour prep and get tons of requests, so trying to think of some other options/ideas from you all if you have any.

Maybe just try to sneak down after the show and throw it up there? Anyone here have a contact within Ten Club they can pass this onto? Anyone here with GA that will be close and could try to get a copy of the heartbeat up there?

Thanks Jamily!
Steve

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,429
    Very sorry to hear that...I hope you get your wish
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana