Ticketmaster Fan 2 Fan Price Floor is Criminal

Just a little venting here...

Why is it fair for Ticketmaster to employ a resale price floor? The market for STP has clearly changed and even PJ Premium have come down in price. If someone wants to sell for less than what they paid why shouldn't they be allowed to? Besides, the dynamic "face value" is BS anyway.

Fans who overpaid months ago now are stuck with the bill if they can't make the show. Just posting here in case, somehow, this feedback makes it to the right place.
2018 - Rome
2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
2024 - VAN1

Comments

• BGirl72BGirl72 Posts: 38
    T R U T H 

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    I think the price floor is fine and necessary for a true face value market.  You knew the cost and risks when you purchased whatever tickets you purchased.  Keeping them at face value only largely limits scalpers and resale market.

Kind of a "cant have your cake and eat it too" situation to be honest.  Cant stop scalpers and limit Ticketmasters ceiling, but also want to be able to undercut the prices at your convenience when it doesn't work out for ya.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • KsayetKsayet Posts: 69
    I think the price floor is fine and necessary for a true face value market.  You knew the cost and risks when you purchased whatever tickets you purchased.  Keeping them at face value only largely limits scalpers and resale market.

Kind of a "cant have your cake and eat it too" situation to be honest.  Cant stop scalpers and limit Ticketmasters ceiling, but also want to be able to undercut the prices at your convenience when it doesn't work out for ya.  
    It's not a true market if ticketmaster can lower prices but fans can't. The market is artificially high due to the floor.

I don't understand why the existence of a floor does anything but increase costs to fans (which is the goal of scalpers btw). In some aspects, this is worse than allowing scalping. With scalping when demand softens at least prices can come down. In fact, look at resale websites like stubhub where you can get tix for $30 for these shows...

It's a face value exchange anyway, why can't fans sell for "face value" $160.08?

2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1