Song Request Threads or ISO/FS/FT Threads?

Which is Worse?

1,000 Song Request Threads clogging up The Porch (especially when they are songs you've heard a bunch or don't want to hear)
1,000 ISO/FT/FS Ticket Threads clogging up Given to Fly (especially when we have actual shows to talk about!)
1 snarky thread complaining about both
Other

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,244
    I find the song request threads really annoying. 
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    I like coming on the board during tour time because there is often some interesting discourse.  But I can barely find any threads that aren't a form of Song Request or Ticket Exchange and I wish they would all just go to one single place so I don't have to deal with them all.  People try to do that with tickets but it gets ignored by many.
  • I stopped bothering with the Given To Fly board years ago due to those threads, so by default I guess I find the song requests worse.

I try to just ignore them because, for the most part, those are important requests for the people making them. But yeah, selfishly, i think it was better back during the early '00s tours when the band was barely, or not, aware of the boards. Once Ed started recognizing them a couple times during shows, it seemed to open the floodgates.  
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,467
    edited August 2023
    I made a request last year for Sad. Not only was it played, but Ed spoke to me in the very empathetic way that he can..I was shocked and it was one of the most amazing surreal moments of my life..and I chose to fill my thread with photos and memories of my Dad and dad-in-law who had passed and that helped me keep their memories alive. I didn't really think it would happen, but how amazing it did. This is one of the many reasons I adore this band..they truly care.

Perhaps the threads get numerous and frustrating for some, but many people are going through stuff and like Ed, find the music a savior or want to honor a loved one..and this band is amazing for listening to us and honoring some of these requests. 

Post edited by deb1211 on
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    deb1211 said:
    I made a request last year for Sad. Not only was it played, but Ed spoke to me in the very empathetic way that he can..I was shocked and it was one of the most amazing surreal moments of my life..and I chose to fill my thread with photos and memories of my Dad and dad-in-law who had passed and that helped me keep their memories alive. I didn't really think it would happen, but how amazing it did. This is one of the many reasons I adore this band..they truly care.

Perhaps the threads get numerous and frustrating for some, but many people are going through stuff and like Ed, find the music a savior or want to honor a loved one..and this band is amazing for listening to us and honoring some of these requests. 

Yes - I understand it can be a powerful, positive thing and I'm not asking to stop people from posting them ... I just wish they would be corraled into a single place that wasn't the main board area.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,467
    Discopij said:
    deb1211 said:

Yes - I understand it can be a powerful, positive thing and I'm not asking to stop people from posting them ... I just wish they would be corraled into a single place that wasn't the main board area.
    I understand that and a category called just breathe or something for requests would be great. I think a single thread with them all would be hard to follow

I just was saying that I saw some dislike for requests last year when I had one and it kinda made me feel crappy