new job coming my way soon hopefully!

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
as some of you know ive been working as a technical support and chief test guy for allen and heath for the last 6 years. Over that time ive worked on many products including A+H wizards, icons, xones, ML range but mostly my speciality has lied with the GL range consisting originally of the GL200, GL3300 and my personnal fave GL4400 recently they have been superceded with a whole new range of GL desks the GL2400, GL2800, GL3800 and the GL4800. But in the pipeline for A+H is something particularly new and exciting the I-Live range of digital mixing consoles for live sound and theres a damn good chance i`ll be the main test engineer for these digital puppies :) fingers crossed it goes my way as i`ll get to play with a serious piece of kit!! its not out till the new year but from what ive seen of it its going to be an absolute beast :)

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/news_story.asp?view=264
http://www.ilive-digital.com/
haha the asking price is going to be starting at £25,000 which is a damn good price when you compare it to other desks of the same style, spec by other companies :)
wish me luck!
i`ll keep you guys posted when i know more :)
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i remember applying to fender in california after i graduated. sometimes i still dream.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice. very veddy nice. good luck, let us know if you've got any B-stock lying around. I'd hate to have to go with Soundcraft ;)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    haha!!! soundcraft :P A+H mortal enemy!! strangely enough soundcraft seem to staying very quiet at the moment and supposedly at the last trade show we attended there was no mention of any new high end digital products.... hmmm i sense a spy in my midst! haha
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    well today i was dragged away from my work by my direct manager to go over to the new room where the I-live will be built and tested to have a look at the prototypes chassis assembly and PCB boards that`ll be making up this beast of a desk. Things are definately looking good :) kinda nervous about it as it is the most advanced desk ever in A+H`s thirty year history so why on earth they seem to want me to test is beyond me?!!