Boston Shows

2»

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    If they’re banned from playing there, this is the first I’m hearing of it… I’m inclined not to believe it though. I’ve never heard of ANYONE getting banned from playing there, let alone PJ. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    I used to see shows in Mansfield fairly often but ticket prices have become insane there
  • BF25394 said:
    This is a really strange "complaint." Pearl Jam played in Boston in 2018. Instead of playing any number of cities or areas they hadn't played in year (e.g., they hadn't played California in five years at that point), they opted to do a Fenway 2016 rerun. They didn't play anywhere in 2019 or 2020, with the latter year's inactivity for reasons beyond their control. In 2021, they played four shows, again restricted for the same reason they didn't play at all in 2020. In 2022, they played mostly rescheduled shows from 2020. They're only playing a handful of shows in 2023, in parts of the country where they mostly haven't played in an even longer span than they haven't played Boston. They will almost certainly play Boston in 2024 in support of their forthcoming album.

There's no there here. Boston got shows in 2016 and 2018 and, counting scheduled 2023 shows, the band will have played a total of 45 shows between 2019 and 2023. Boston is not being overlooked any more than a dozen other cities that didn't host the band in 2016 and 2018 are being overlooked.
    I wasn't complaining. 
  • It's funny the different ways people interpret a post. To be more concise I suppose I was wondering why they haven't returned to the Garden. Compared to the quality of the show from Fenway vs. the Garden it feels like Fenway is such a let down. I'd go see em at the Garden but not Fenway. I can't afford to travel to see them, and since it seems like Fenway's what they're doing now, feels like my PJ live days are gone. And you have to admit with Boston always being a tour staple, to not have a Gigtaon show there just seems weird to me. Please don't misjudge my original post as complaining or entitlement. Like all of us I'm chasing that PJ Dragon. 
  • If they’re banned from playing there, this is the first I’m hearing of it… I’m inclined not to believe it though. I’ve never heard of ANYONE getting banned from playing there, let alone PJ. 
    I thought Offspring got banned because the River Rave or some festival in the 1990s they encouraged fans to throw shit in front of them, but I think they're playing there soon so that might not be true after all.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,339
    BF25394 said:
    This is a really strange "complaint." Pearl Jam played in Boston in 2018. Instead of playing any number of cities or areas they hadn't played in year (e.g., they hadn't played California in five years at that point), they opted to do a Fenway 2016 rerun. They didn't play anywhere in 2019 or 2020, with the latter year's inactivity for reasons beyond their control. In 2021, they played four shows, again restricted for the same reason they didn't play at all in 2020. In 2022, they played mostly rescheduled shows from 2020. They're only playing a handful of shows in 2023, in parts of the country where they mostly haven't played in an even longer span than they haven't played Boston. They will almost certainly play Boston in 2024 in support of their forthcoming album.

There's no there here. Boston got shows in 2016 and 2018 and, counting scheduled 2023 shows, the band will have played a total of 45 shows between 2019 and 2023. Boston is not being overlooked any more than a dozen other cities that didn't host the band in 2016 and 2018 are being overlooked.
    I wasn't complaining. 
    That's why "complaint" was in quotes.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    It's funny the different ways people interpret a post. To be more concise I suppose I was wondering why they haven't returned to the Garden. Compared to the quality of the show from Fenway vs. the Garden it feels like Fenway is such a let down. I'd go see em at the Garden but not Fenway. I can't afford to travel to see them, and since it seems like Fenway's what they're doing now, feels like my PJ live days are gone. And you have to admit with Boston always being a tour staple, to not have a Gigtaon show there just seems weird to me. Please don't misjudge my original post as complaining or entitlement. Like all of us I'm chasing that PJ Dragon. 
    I get what you’re saying, and It’s a legit complaint. And I hope them playing United instead of Wrigley this run is an indicator that maybe you’ll get the option you’re hoping for. 
    But of course people are salty, There are double digit US cities where they haven’t played in 10, 15  years or more, while Boston has had 4 shows since ‘16. People in Atlanta, Houston, Albany, Detroit & Cincinnati aren’t gonna be too sympathetic that those 4 shows weren’t in your preferred venue size. Sorry.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    It's funny the different ways people interpret a post. To be more concise I suppose I was wondering why they haven't returned to the Garden. Compared to the quality of the show from Fenway vs. the Garden it feels like Fenway is such a let down. I'd go see em at the Garden but not Fenway. I can't afford to travel to see them, and since it seems like Fenway's what they're doing now, feels like my PJ live days are gone. And you have to admit with Boston always being a tour staple, to not have a Gigtaon show there just seems weird to me. Please don't misjudge my original post as complaining or entitlement. Like all of us I'm chasing that PJ Dragon. 
    I have to think Fenway was the product of smaller tours making larger shows the play. If they put together beefier tours I think it's more likely they go back to the Garden. I think we're all hoping for a stout 2024.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,467
    JojoRice said:
    That's nothing.  Try living in Atlanta. 
    No kidding
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Jadler said:
    I have heard from a friend who is close with some hire up Livenation folks that ‘24 will be a big year for them, and New England will be part of that.