arent girlfriends great!

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
so today i turned that horrendous milestone of 30 eeek... but i woke to a bag full of presents and a cup of tea in bed from my girlfriend. What did she get me? A TS9 :) oh shes so well trained haha...!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    she asked me what to give you........i said a bl#wjob.......
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Happy birthday! sounds like you have a thoughtful woman. Hold onto her. Women like that are few and far between. :)
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Girlfriends are great, but they grow up to be wives.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    DeLukin wrote:
    Girlfriends are great, but they grow up to be wives.

Hahaha

That kind of reminds me. My father had a bit of a rating system, good for a night, good for a weekend, good for a year. I always think of that when I'm sizing someone up. It's bad. My father messed me up.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • nice! gotta love the ladies that give you great gifts!

Last night I got my christmas gift early from my girl...Paul Westerberg signature guitar! It's actually pretty cool for what it is and how much it goes for! i don't even need to mention that Paul is a musical god.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Doh!

Happy Birthday Kigcat!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Happy Birthday!

Now I need to find me a girlfriend to train!
  • moster78 wrote:
    Happy Birthday!

Now I need to find me a girlfriend to train!
    hahaha a GOOD girlfriend doesn't need traning. save yourself the hassel and find one! ;)

and Happy Birthday!! :)
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • My ex-girlfriend bought me a footswitch for my fender amp. Her step dad gave me a vintage, original Yamaha MB-3 Motion Bass, AND a Peavy TNT 130 Bass amp. Her dad records me playing in his basement too! Keep in mind we were already broken up. I'm glad we're still friends :)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    If she does that again next year, you got someone special. It's funny how after the first year of a relationship, the things that were cute and nice cease to happen.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • and happy b'day!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    hahaha a GOOD girlfriend doesn't need traning. save yourself the hassel and find one! ;)

and Happy Birthday!! :)

I didn't mean training in that sense of teaching her how to get me gifts, more in the sense of what gear is good, and what isn't!
  • i think it was exhausted's girlfriend got him the fulltone tape echo which costs 1200$...haha
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Happy Birthday!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think it was exhausted's girlfriend got him the fulltone tape echo which costs 1200$...haha

no, that was JofZ's wife.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    no, that was JofZ's wife.

yeah but you got a shiny new baby boy. I hear those are really expensive ;)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah but you got a shiny new baby boy. I hear those are really expensive ;)
    +1
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    well, my wife just helped me buy a les paul. so there!

yup, I talked my wife into getting me a used les paul for Christmas too ($1300). and when I gave her the engagement ring in 1998, I talked her into getting me an Strat ($800). AND I got a shiny new baby too (well, she's 10 months now, so not quite as shiny as she was. I guess you could say her condition is 'near mint/excellent').