Paulie Konerko

PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
edited August 2023 in The Porch
Is a Pearl Jam fan and we sat next to each offer at the Wrigley show 7 years ago today. Cubs fan here but he was good dude. You ever end up seated next to a professional athlete or “famous” PJ fan?
Post edited by PJammin on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Met Jason Varitek at Fenway preparty

PK Subban was dancing near me in MSG GA

Kenny Mayne at preparty LA Gibson shows in 2009

Baba Booey in GA near me LA 2013
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Sat near mark Sanchez and the Olsen twins when they played msg.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Sat next to Matt Damon at the Beacon about 10 years ago. nice guy.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Oh man....these are great! 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    even saw Baba Booey at the parking Garage after Apollo show, he was waiting on his Tesla....said hello
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    CROJAM95 said:
    even saw Baba Booey at the parking Garage after Apollo show, he was waiting on his Tesla....said hello
    Gary Dellabate...  Did not know he was a big PJ fan.  Cool.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    Was behind Peter Gammons in the Ten Club line at one of the Mansfield shows

Not PJ but ran into Chris Long, Sam Bradford, and McLovin at My Morning Jacket's One Big Holiday festival 
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    We had a beer with Patrick Sharp and Adam Burish outside Wrigley before the show in 2013.  The next morning we met Kerry Wood in our hotel and to top it off had breakfast across the table from Dennis Rodman and his entourage.
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 754
    Not an athlete but I sat directly behind Jon Krakauer at Ottawa 2016 - if memory serves Ed called him out that night which you can hear on the boot.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    Saw Kerry Wood on the mound from the bleachers at Wrigley. Saw all the members of PJ from the outfield at Wrigley field as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    Met Lip from Shameless at a bar after the first of the Let’s Play Two shows at Wrigley in 2016. That’s the best I got. Lol. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    Met The Rob at 2013 Wrigley sound check party.

I'm sure all sorts of people were at that thing but I was on cloud 9 and didn't notice anyone, lol.
    2016 MSG N1.  Jill Vedder came in to the tunnel and a guy calls her over and says "Jimmy says to tell you blah blah blah"  She looks confused and turns around and walks away.  I laughed my ass off.

Dustin Hoffman went in the tunnel also to meet the band I assume?  He came out and same asshat that got turned away by Mrs Vedder decided to talk to Hoffman.  He's chatting him up and small talk and Hoffman looks at me and says "hello".  I said "Hello Mr Hoffman, nice to see you at a PJ show" and we shook hands and offered each other a nice evening.

Dustin Hoffman is like 5'4" and my hand engulfed his.  Did not know he was short.  Super nice guy.  
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    PJammin said:
    Is a Pearl Jam fan and we sat next to each offer at the Wrigley show 7 years ago today. Cubs fan here but he was good dude. You ever end up seated next to a professional athlete or “famous” PJ fan?
    That would have been great. Paulie is one of my all-time favorite players (yes I'm a Sox fan, unfortunately). 
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Met Kenny mayne at Newark 09 ev solo show 
  • Met Chris Chelios at a gas station somewhere near Alpine Valley before PJ20 Night 1.  He had a PJ shirt on and was buying a big tub of popcorn. My friend (HUGE BlackHawks fan) was in the car waiting for me to grab some pre-game supplies.  I told her and before I even finished my sentence she bolted from the car to say hi and he signed her Blackhawks wallet she had on her.  

* Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Sean Penn and John Cusack. Some dude from a hockey team. I don’t think he’s famous but Sean Penns son and partner and a few local baseball players. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151

I'm sure all sorts of people were at that thing but I was on cloud 9 and didn't notice anyone, lol.
    I've met The Rob through mutual friends a few times now and my lord what a nice guy 
  • pjl44 said:

I've met The Rob through mutual friends a few times now and my lord what a nice guy 
    Second this! Met him an Apollo and chilled with him after the show. Super nice guy, chill, down to earth and great dude!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    pjl44 said:

Second this! Met him an Apollo and chilled with him after the show. Super nice guy, chill, down to earth and great dude!
    Rob is a great guy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    BSully said:
    PJammin said:
    That would have been great. Paulie is one of my all-time favorite players (yes I'm a Sox fan, unfortunately). 
    He was super cool. His wife/girlfriend (lady he was there with) was a legit PJ fan. She was singing along with every song. Robin Ventura was with him too. At the time Ventura was the Sox manager so people kept stopping and talking to Robin but nobody seemed to recognize Paul. Funny side story - so it got to the point in the show when we all knew Ed was going to give us "All the Way" and I leaned over and told him I wouldn't tell anybody if he wanted to sing along, to which he replied "not a chance". 
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    Met the WWE wrestler Edge at the Greenville 2016 show. Dude was antsy in the poster line like the rest of us. ha!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    Got to say a quick hello and briefly introduce myself to Rob (who shortly after excused himself because a bunch of other fans waiting for him to join them somewhere in the front row) just before the beginning of the Milton Keynes show in 2014 :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    edited August 2023
    I'm almost embarrassed to say this but I don't think I'd recognized Rob if he walked up to my door selling magazine subscriptions. Clearly I know who he is but I can't say that I've ever actually seen a pic of him. Sorry Rob - if you're reading this. I'm off to google him now for future shows. 
  • PJammin said:
    I'm almost embarrassed to say this but I don't think I'd recognized Rob if he walked up to my door selling magazine subscriptions. Clearly I know who he is but I can't say that I've ever actually seen a pic of him. Sorry Rob - if you're reading this. I'm off to google him now for future shows. 
    https://www.rootsrockrevival.com/rob-bleetstein
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    PJammin said:
    Had no clue whom he was either until someone pointed him out, lol!