pots in rotovibe.

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
hi ive had a rotovibe for about 4 years and i got it second hand off ebay. Ive noticed that inside there are 2 preset potentiometers inside it. Anyone know what these pots are and do? Ever since i got it i found the sound to seem abit dissapointingly thin and wondered if maybe the guy who had it before me had adjusted them at all. Anyone got any idea as to how or where they should be set at.
cheers
kig
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    There's a thread somewhere on here about my roto and the changes to it. Actually, if you got to Harmony-central.com, click user reviews, look up the rotovibe, there should be a thing about the mod you can do to change it. One pot controls the sensitivity and the other one controls the depth I think. If I could get your email address, I can email you the mod that I got.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • One is for intensity of the vibe and the other one for the vibrato.
    Paco once posted a very detailed answer on the "dunlop rotovibe" thread.
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    just mark where the original placement was before you turn them Kig, Then experiment away. Usually the issue is in changing those presets and then forgetting where they originally were and not being able to get back.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    yeah i think the problem is that the guy who had it before me had adjusted it and to me it just dont seem right. Does anyone know which pot does what?
    thanks guys. Ive kinda only been lurking here for the last year or 2 and not participating like i used too but i guess we all need a break now and again eh? but its safe to say im back :)
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?