what order is best in your opinion?

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
strat - boss bd2 - ibanez ts9 - amp
or
strat -ibanez ts9 - boss bd2 - amp

(im playing a usa 50th anniversary strat into usually either a marshall or a fender amp)

also any ideas of settings on pedals?
sorry im rushing this but im just about to head out the door.
thanks
kig :)
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, personally, i'd put the TS9 first.

assuming your stacking the pedals, the BD-2 is bit more full spectrum. i think having the BD-2 feeding into the TS9 would be too mushy.

i'd tend to set the TS9 for whatever tone you're looking for and the BD as primarily a level boost (level up, gain down) as a boost to hit the amp harder.

i think that would yield a clearer, more defined sound.
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    Pardon me, are you guys speaking english? :)
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Depends on what you use each for. Personally, I'd got with the TS9 first. Which ever one gives you more overdrive/distortion should go first(closest to your amp).

I like using the BD2 with the Level at about 11 or 12, the tone at eiter 9 or 11, and the Gain at 9 or 11.
    I have no idea about the TS9, maybe have the level at noon, the gain cranked, and and tone around 11 or noon.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    These pedals sound completely different, hence I don't use the BD-2 and TS-9 pedals together.
    Personally, I put my BD-2 1st (after my compresor), then my TS-9 (I have an OLD Blue Box before them both).
    I use the BD-2 and the TS-9 individually (I don't combine them with any other OD pedals), therefore each pedal
    is the FIRST OD to hit anything else in the chain, so I guess it doesn't matter which I put 1st (I just prefer the BD-2 first).
    I use the BD-2 as more of an overdrive than just a boost (though sometimes it is good for a boost (hint: use your guitars
    volume knob - it's amazing how well the BD-2 cleans up - the TS-9 doesn't really clean up for me like the BD-2).
    The TS-9 has a lot of treb & mids, while the BD-2 is a fuller/rounder sounding pedal, with a lot more bottom end.
    I run my TS-9 after my BD-2 but before a Customized DOD and Tonbone HOT British - seems to work best for me there.

Settings:
    Level: between 11:00 & 11:30 on both (I guess my stuff runs a bit hot since the normal dent is 12:00 on most
    pedals - 12:00 these pedals seems louder than my normal guitar signal).
    My Tonebone Hot British seems VERY HOT (and that's only set to 9:00, as I said I guess everything is HOTTT).

Gain: about 12:00 or 12:30 on both TS-9 and BD-2.

Tone: on my TS-9 is all the way up - I think that's 5:00 (don't ask, I just like it better that way).
    Tone on my BD-2 is at the 12:00 dent.

Here's my Board so you can see my pedal order (settings have ALL changed since the picture): PEDAL BOARD

Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • The second option.