2023 Tour-Merch Question

jburden007jburden007 Posts: 14
edited August 2023 in The Porch
Hello, 

Does anyone know if a merch line will open early before the show?  Do Ten Club members have early access?  I am going to the two shows in Minnesota.  

Or people are referring to "pop-up stores"?  Can someone explain?  I have been trying to see Pearl Jam since 1990... and it's finally happening.  Just need some direction on the merch situation. Would like to grab a poster if possible.   

Thank you!  
Post edited by jburden007 on

Comments

• jburden007jburden007 Posts: 14
    edited August 2023
    Post edited by jburden007 on
  • Merch truck  usually outside the venue day before and days in between. Prepare to stand in a long line.
  • @elvistheking44 Thank you!  It will be worth the wait for me :) 
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Get up by 6 A.M. on the day in between the two shows. You'll still be in line for five hours but you're at the front when it opens.
    Things were different then
  • @Evel K  Thank you :) 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Why do people think there will be merch sold on the day between shows? Did I miss some something posted?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    IMHO, the best move is to enter the venue right at door time and scoot right over to a merch table....beats waiting in line for hours outside.
  • @JOEJOEJOE But don't you run the risk of not grabbing a poster at that point? 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    PJNB said:
    Why do people think there will be merch sold on the day between shows? Did I miss some something posted?
    Seems like a good time for everyone to rest and relax and enjoy the sights and sounds.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,979
    When I did merch. I'd line up early. Be number 1ish in. I'm a morning person and got a little overly obsessive about it. Have fun and if you miss out there is always a way. Especially now it seems posters are abundant. Watch for 10C sales or AP after. 

Like Joe says too. Get into venue early if you miss outside.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    @JOEJOEJOE But don't you run the risk of not grabbing a poster at that point? 
    they usually hold back posters for sale inside the venue
  • PJNB said:
    Been that way for years now
  • AnnieHewAnnieHew Posts: 45
    Sooo, no early merch on days of the show? I was hoping to come early, get merch, and then go to the Wishlist event before the show, instead of standing in line after I get there for the show. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited August 2023
    PJNB said:
    Arena shows?  The norm was always the day of the show as far as I remember. 

Ballpark shows had it with the day off but those felt more like events than these shows do. Time will tell and would be a better chance for those wanting merch to get it I guess. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I expect we are going to see unprecedented merch sales for these arena shows. I think merch is one of the reasons they scheduled the off days. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Last year was the first time I didn’t buy any merch at a PJ show. Such a relaxed experience! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Arena shows?  The norm was always the day of the show as far as I remember. 

Ballpark shows had it with the day off but those felt more like events than these shows do. Time will tell and would be a better chance for those wanting merch to get it I guess. 
    Arena shows with days off in the middle….you can bet your sweet ass PJ ain’t missing that golden opportunity to sell merch.
  • AnnieHew said:
    Sooo, no early merch on days of the show? I was hoping to come early, get merch, and then go to the Wishlist event before the show, instead of standing in line after I get there for the show. 
    Plenty of early merch to be had.
  • JimmyV said:
    I expect we are going to see unprecedented merch sales for these arena shows. I think merch is one of the reasons they scheduled the off days. 
    Bingo
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    I wonder if they will do it 2016 style and have poster sets for everywhere except Indy since it only has the one night 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Last year was the first time I didn’t buy any merch at a PJ show. Such a relaxed experience! 
    Yeah we gave up after waiting in lines at Fenway in 2016. Nothing there do I really need and, like you say, so much more relaxed of an experience. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,429
    Hello, 

Does anyone know if a merch line will open early before the show?  Do Ten Club members have early access?  I am going to the two shows in Minnesota.  

Or people are referring to "pop-up stores"?  Can someone explain?  I have been trying to see Pearl Jam since 1990... and it's finally happening.  Just need some direction on the merch situation. Would like to grab a poster if possible.   
      Thank you!  
    We probably won't know until Aug 31. No special privilege for 10C
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Hello, 

Thank you!  
    We probably won't know until Aug 31. No special privilege for 10C

Wish they brought back the '09 10club privilege where we could secure a poster online for those attending.
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    1 week left before shows start and no sneak peak merch stuff??!!  Blurry posters?  stickers?  1 sock???  give me something for those not going!!!
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    Me too! Went to St. Louis and hung out in the city instead of a merch line for the first time in years. It was sooooo much fun! Plan to do the same in Minneapolis and Chicago. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,467
    Me too! Went to St. Louis and hung out in the city instead of a merch line for the first time in years. It was sooooo much fun! Plan to do the same in Minneapolis and Chicago. 
    I had a great time in St Louis and then got my merch inside
  • This will be the first time navigating the merch line in crutches 🩼! This will be interesting!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • I'm jonesying for some Tsurt sneak peaks. Shouldn't we see something soon?
  • lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,301
    Metallica took full advantage of the two day shows with day in between. Pop up shop with city specific poster, vinyl, and shirt. Then day of show city specific poster and shirt for each night. Metallica related events throughout the city on the off day.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    deb1211 said:
    I had a great time in St Louis and then got my merch inside
    I did the same in St. Louis. Sat at a bar near the cardinals game, hopped around to another bar closer to the venue and walked in when doors opened and got everything I wanted 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024