Options

17+ age restriction at shows?? (Glen Hansard/Swell Season in Chicago)

My wife can no longer accompany me to the Glen Hansard/Swell Season show in Chicago next week (memorial service). I'd like to bring my 12 yo daughter. However, the Ticketmaster details on the TM website say it's 17+. Does this mean that 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult (like an R-rated movie), or will they turn away anyone who isn't at least 17? Other pieces of evidence that are relevant: The age restriction is not on my actual digital ticket (or on the linked page as opened through the ticket), AND it is the only Glen show of the tour that lists an age restriction. I also don't see a venue-wide age restriction. I really think it's an error. I am half-tempted to show up and try to bring her in, but I'd also be devastated if I was denied access and missed the show altogether.

Any experience or thoughts on this issue?? I already e-mailed the venue to get clarification, but no response.

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    I find it's always best to actually dial the phone and speak to someone about things like this, if you want a clear and quick response. Call the venue. I would assume it is something the venue is enforcing, not TM or Glen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    PJ_Soul said:
    I find it's always best to actually dial the phone and speak to someone about things like this, if you want a clear and quick response. Call the venue. I would assume it is something the venue is enforcing, not TM or Glen.
    I agree: Call the Venue
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    Is the venue a bar?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    No. It’s a dedicated show venue, The Salt Shed. Like I said, there’s been plenty of other all ages show there.
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    From their website. I would still call the venue.
  • Options
    I finally heard back from the venue. The age restriction is due to the City of Chicago's curfew ordinance. They confirmed that a guardian accompanying a minor will resolve that issue.