Options

To all you jack white naysayers

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Im soryr, i know there is another post...but this really needed to be seen ....

for all of you saying he isnt a genius...or even possibly the best guitarist out there...please please please....

http://www.whitestripes.net

and download ball and biscuit...from the downloads live concert berlin downloads...holy fuck

to start with, then listen oto all of it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    I'm with ya, Jack is a Baaaad Maaaaan!
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    Kick ass. Jack white has enough attitude and sincerety that if you spread it around to all the other bands on the planet it would be 1992 again!!!

again KICK ASS!!!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    In 92' bands had singers who could sing and also had bass players. Let's just pretend that he is a guitar genius, the guy still can't sing to save his life. Next I'm going to be hearing how Meg White is the next Keith Moon. Music is so bad right now that anything sounds good thats different and new. Just look at the Strokes........what a god awful band. I just don't buy in to any of this. If Jack White was so into the music and what not, why does he feel the need to have a costume. He's all about image. Their who band is based of his wife/sister and red and whit clothes they wear.
  • Options
    Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
    I'm with ya Hiwatt...
  • Options
    HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    I just listened to "ball and biscut".....half of it is a rip off of the "lemon song" and the fucking guitar tone fucking blows ass. If had a couple Fender Twins cranked with a fuzz pedal I could play that shit left handed. The guy can't even solo in 12 bar blues, but I will say he did make a lot of noise and managed to get a note in here and there. Oh yea and my favorite were the hammer on's.........watch eddie van halen, next will be the finger taps!
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    wow thats harsh. If he played all notes it would sound like shit beause of the fact its just him and the drums...hes filling space..yes, and making noise is his gimmick....and yes soem of the riffs are ripoofs..its fucking blues, evfery single song is a rip off of something else
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hiwatt
    In 92' bands had singers who could sing and also had bass players. Let's just pretend that he is a guitar genius, the guy still can't sing to save his life. Next I'm going to be hearing how Meg White is the next Keith Moon. Music is so bad right now that anything sounds good thats different and new. Just look at the Strokes........what a god awful band. I just don't buy in to any of this. If Jack White was so into the music and what not, why does he feel the need to have a costume. He's all about image. Their who band is based of his wife/sister and red and whit clothes they wear.

I agree 100%
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Although I am a big supporter i see your point about the "costume" He is a weird and funny guy. have you listened to him interviewed. He is ecentric and that is kinda cool. Definately cares about his image but not in a cheesy "scott stapp with fans blowing hair on stage" kinda way.
    If I thought blue and green were so cool, I thought that nothing could compare to blue and green clothes, maybe I would only wear blue and green clothes and cause I thought it looked awesome not cause I think other people will like it.

See what I mean. It really does seem like a weird eccentric thing not really an image thing.

DOUG FLUTIE RULES ALL
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    i listened to it...and there is STILL nothing genius...OR inspiring about his playing. one thing i will give them credit for is the 28 song set. nice to see another band besides pearl jam doing more than like 15 songs at a show.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    when i hear an original song from the white stripes i'll comment on this.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Hiwatt
    Next I'm going to be hearing how Meg White is the next Keith Moon.

Well, and the arrival of the Four Horsemen...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.