Options

Pedal Boards - Power Strip/Supply

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, greg spceifically....

i decided on guetting that board form indyguitarst...probably the large one...

now, should i go with a power strip or supply? or do i nee dboth...

i dont want ot use any batteries and these are my pedals...

boss chromatic tuner
gcb wah 595q
boss cs 2
boss dm2 delay
mxr phase
ibanex sonic distortion
ibanez ts 808
ts9dx

now i rather not get an adapter for everyone of my pedals...but whatever i need, i suppose i will...

what do i order with that board? the power supply? or strip? and what exactly does each do and whats the best for me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by 62strat
    Ok, greg spceifically....

i decided on guetting that board form indyguitarst...probably the large one...

now, should i go with a power strip or supply? or do i nee dboth...

i dont want ot use any batteries and these are my pedals...

boss chromatic tuner
    gcb wah 595q
    boss cs 2
    boss dm2 delay
    mxr phase
    ibanex sonic distortion
    ibanez ts 808
    ts9dx

now i rather not get an adapter for everyone of my pedals...but whatever i need, i suppose i will...

what do i order with that board? the power supply? or strip? and what exactly does each do and whats the best for me?

go with either a voodoo labs pedal power, a juice box, or Power pyramid.

The PP is fairly inexpensive and it looks cool. http://www.pharaohamps.com

the general consensus favorite.

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedpower.html

I use a switchcraft power-all.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ok, the problem pedals are the 535Q which needs 18V and the DM-2 which needs the old ACA (12V) type boss adapter.

check the CS-2 to see which adapter (ACA or PSA) it wants.

ACA is ~12V and PSA is 9V.

that considered, i would get the power strip (which is just a power bar and adapters for the 535Q and DM2 (and maybe the CS-2 if it won't run on a PSA) and a PSA and daisy chain for the TU-2.

run the CS-2, phase 90, sonic and tubescreamers off the TU-2 daisy chain and have the adapters plugged into the power bar for the others.

it's not perfect, but it'll get rid of the batteries.
  • Options
    the power pyramid won't do everything you need it to. the voodoo labs is the best solution (it runs ACA voltage and has an outlet for the 535Q adapter) but it's expensive. the power bar and a few adapters is cheaper but uglier, i'll admit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the power pyramid won't do everything you need it to. the voodoo labs is the best solution (it runs ACA voltage and has an outlet for the 535Q adapter) but it's expensive.

that power all that I have is sort of annoying. If I had it to do over I'd get the voodoo lab. It has a sag feature for simulating dead batteries for the Rat pedals.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the power pyramid won't do everything you need it to. the voodoo labs is the best solution (it runs ACA voltage and has an outlet for the 535Q adapter) but it's expensive. the power bar and a few adapters is cheaper but uglier, i'll admit.

yeah but with the sexy strat out there if you can get the power bar cheaper go with it. just put a sticker over it or something.
  • Options
    ok so here it is...

gonna by the LARGE PEDALBOARD....

with the POWER STRIP....

use an adapter and plug in the tuner....run a daisy chain through all pedals that will allow...and then...hmm, maybe have to run battery on acouple or figure something else out....

that correct?
  • Options
    ok so here it is...

gonna by the LARGE PEDALBOARD....

with the POWER STRIP....

use an adapter and plug in the tuner....run a daisy chain through all pedals that will allow...and then...hmm, maybe have to run battery on acouple or figure something else out....

that correct?

yup. DM-2, 535Q and (maybe) CS-2 will need batteries until you can grab adapters.
  • Options
    aewsome, you guys kick ass....

thank you very much.
  • Options
    yup. DM-2, 535Q and (maybe) CS-2 will need batteries until you can grab adapters.

A powerall would be cheaper than 3 adaptors. Or you could get the TU-2 or Boss Power pedal and daisychain them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    A powerall would be cheaper than 3 adaptors. Or you could get the TU-2 or Boss Power pedal and daisychain them.

dude, the daisy chain won't run those pedals. neither will the powerall. the powerall is another option rather than daisy chaining off the TU-2 but you're still stuck with adapters for the goofy pedals.
  • Options
    i dont even think it will run the phase either...i dont recal there being any spot for the chord to go!
  • Options
    i dont even think it will run the phase either...i dont recal there being any spot for the chord to go!

if it's vintage, you're right. if it's a dunlop version, it'll have an adapter jack.
  • Options
    ya its vintage so that one i suppose will have to stick with battery operation
  • Options
    dude, the daisy chain won't run those pedals. neither will the powerall. the powerall is another option rather than daisy chaining off the TU-2 but you're still stuck with adapters for the goofy pedals.

yes it will It comes with adaptors. my old dyna comp and rat use the 1/4 phone plugs and it works just fine. It even came with a battery clip adaptor.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    What about this:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/site/products/electronics/mxr/products/dcb10.html

It has seven 9-volt outs and three 18-volt outs. And power conditioning, and voltage-agile. Not sure how you would do the 12-volt, maybe just a wall-wart adapter. Anyone ever seen/heard of this?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.