Options

Got pedal Board/DC Brick - Something is fucked.

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
k, been running it for the past few days..everything was going fine..got the dc brick layed down, got all my pedals running off of it....

tonight i just reattached all the pedals with all new velcro for that wonderful stick like glue...

anyways. Whenever i plug my BOSS DM 2 DELAY into the brick...ALL power shuts off, i unplug it..all power is back on again...to all pedals. not sure why, so i just didnt run that through the dc brick and tried a battery...but the light doesnt turn on the BOSS delay...so its probably something with the delay pedal, but it worked yesterday....hmmm....

any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Try a seperate adaptor with the delay. Something is wrong with the voltage or there is a short in the delay somewhere. It may need to be operated on.

A proper adaptor might work. You do have one don't you?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    noi do not...... i dont think i do. i tried using hte adapter that came with the power brick and ewnt straight from the wall to the delay pedal...nothing, but...i dont have my amp or guitar here so i am not sre if the pedal is just not working, orif the light isnt working....

the battery didnt do anything either...

wierd that all the pedals wont work when the delay is plugged in, but even then the delay isnt working....
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    The DM-2 needs this 12V ACA type adaptor... My guess would be that that has something to do with it. Don't know if you can still get such a thing though. I do know the VooDoo Lab Pedal Power 2 can power it, but I doubt that you're willing to switch power supplies again...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    The DM-2 needs this 12V ACA type adaptor... My guess would be that that has something to do with it. Don't know if you can still get such a thing though. I do know the VooDoo Lab Pedal Power 2 can power it, but I doubt that you're willing to switch power supplies again...

12 volts? No wonder the little bastards sound so good they use more current.

Yeah that's the problem. The Power Brick has 18V outlets you could try but you could also blow it up. Try to contact Roland.

http://www.rolandus.com or see if anyone (Camera Shop perhaps) carry's a 12 volt adaptor with a 2.1 mm jack (I think never owned one from that era)

If I were you the best bet would be to check in with your boys at Savage and see if they know of a way to do it. Or find a 12 volt camera battery that fits.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    jack is 2.1mm like any other boss.

dm-2 requires ACA. probably won't run on 9V. my DM-3 didn't. however, my OC-2 and GE-7 that needed ACA did/do run on PSA. why it runs on a 9V battery and not a 9V supply i don't know.

it's goofy.

i think ACA is actually an unregulated 12V supply.

ACA adapters are still available readily.

in this case, sounds like the pedal is acting up.
  • Options
    search Ebay and Musicians friend for Boss ACA adaptors. I think they are still available. We had tons of wierd junk (read cool) lying around upstairs in the attic storage at Guitar Center. Chances are there's one around. People trade stuff all the time.
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks guys, i knew if i threw it out there yall would bat it around a bit...

i BELIEVE i had it plugged in though the other day during rehearsal and it was working fine, ALTHOUGH..i might have also had the battery in there as well, so it could have jsut been running on the battery...i wish i took a picture so i knew what iw as doing at that point where i thought it all worked..but i hadnt had time to set it all up yet...

but even when i put in a battery the ligh wouldnt turn on...im gonna find out tonight when i plug through my amp...

there should be no reason why it stopped working on me, just got it fixed....

if its not one thing its another....

the board is great though...only problem i have with it is the fact that the top of the case..when you open it....where the pedals go, is on top...i cant see my pedals always staying on there when im opening and closing it, but damn that shit is on there tight for now...perfect board , exactly what iw as looking for..its not too fancy...rock n roll enough..plent of room....the dc brick is a beautiful thing as well..

thanks
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    when a power supply cable is plugged into a pedal, the battery is usually disconnected.
  • Options
    glad it worked out for you. The adaptor always disables the battery in Boss pedals unless you got something funky.

You got it fixed so what did you do different?
  • Options
    absolutely nothing...so thats why i am confused on this....

like i said, im ont sure if the pedal isnt working..or iffor some reason the light just went out...i dont know...
  • Options
    Originally posted by 62strat
    absolutely nothing...so thats why i am confused on this....

like i said, im ont sure if the pedal isnt working..or iffor some reason the light just went out...i dont know...

old pedals are quirky. My guess is a loose connection somewhere internally. I hope you have a backup for the gig.
  • Options
    i dont, but i suppose the delay isnt super important....but damn i love having it there.....it works real well on one song, so...i should figure this problem out...that thing is so sweet. i feel like i need to get a ton of new pedals to totally fuill up that baoard...although there isnt much room left.

any ideas why the top of theb oard is where you put the pedals on? as in, the top of the board is the part that opens up...i would fiugre pedals would fall off of that over time...
  • Options
    yup, delay is broken.

but what a fucking rehearsal...hel ya! thats what music and being in bands is all about....

oh we are sounding good! new songs...i love this shit
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    12 volts? No wonder the little bastards sound so good they use more current.

Yeah that's the problem. The Power Brick has 18V outlets you could try but you could also blow it up. Try to contact Roland.

http://www.rolandus.com or see if anyone (Camera Shop perhaps) carry's a 12 volt adaptor with a 2.1 mm jack (I think never owned one from that era)

If I were you the best bet would be to check in with your boys at Savage and see if they know of a way to do it. Or find a 12 volt camera battery that fits.

Not sure if they have what you need but this place has a good assortment of adapters.

http://www.allelectronics.com/matrix/AC_Wall_Transformers.html
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way