One Last ‘Moment’: Brad Pays Tribute To Late Vocalist Shawn Smith On Final LP

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178

Project features some of the final recordings from beloved Seattle musician, who died in 2019

Comments

• OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    I sure wish this was also coming out on CD.
    I know it was stated that it won't be on CD, but I hope that changes.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    I sure wish this was also coming out on CD.
    I know it was stated that it won't be on CD, but I hope that changes.
    I wish they could. Not sure why they would pass on a CD release of their final album when they are reissuing Brad's Shame CD which is available this Friday 
    Up!

Malfunkshun/Mother Love Bone‘s Andrew Wood and Brad/Satchel’s Shawn Smith were two of the greatest vocalists ever to emerge from the Seattle music scene, and Stone Gossard and Regan Hagar just happened to be in bands with both of them. Wood died of a drug overdose at 24 in 1990, just as Mother Love Bone was about to release its major-label debut, and Smith died in 2019 at age 53 from a torn aorta – but Gossard and Hagar are helping ensure their work, and legacy, will not soon be forgotten.

Brad -  Pieces Of Sky In My Hand 

Video by Regan Hagar

Band clips by David Liama and Kevin Shuss

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,156
    Really like this track! And the clip…Regan Hagar you can make the next PJ clip any day brother! Awesome! Ali, Bruce Lee, Skeletor….
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Really like this track! And the clip…Regan Hagar you can make the next PJ clip any day brother! Awesome! Ali, Bruce Lee, Skeletor….

That would be awesome!!