Vox Cambridge 30w twin reverb

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone know anything or have personal experience with this amp?

goes pretty cheap on ebay, thinking baout just pickingit up to check it out..but has some very bad reviews on harmony...

some problems can be fixed...

but its all over my head..

anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    don't bother. it's a vox in name only. not in sound.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Originally posted by exhausted
    don't bother. it's a vox in name only. not in sound.

thats the rumour. what happened? didnt even use tubes on it or??anything thats worht fixing?
    Originally posted by 62strat
    thats the rumour. what happened? didnt even use tubes on it or??anything thats worht fixing?

it's a hybrid along the lines of a marshall valvestate (shudder) with one 12ax7 in the preamp.

maybe you'd like it but i wouldn't buy one sound unheard.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    it's a hybrid along the lines of a marshall valvestate (shudder) with one 12ax7 in the preamp.

maybe you'd like it but i wouldn't buy one sound unheard.

nah. i absolutely hate valvestate amps..i did own one of dem marshalls. worst purchase ive ever had. but i guess at the time it was fine...

not sure why im looking right now, probably impulse...

its just mine is tooo loud...

i love the deluxes. but the twin reverb is more abbrasive...but i can get more gentle clean tones out of it as well..

oh and i got my sg setup finally. there was some wiring wrong witht neck PUP..but now it is absoltuely gorgeous. new gibson tuners on there. set up for 11's..the neck pic up is probably the best clean tone ive ever had the opportunity to enjoy...
    well, the new twin's have switches to go from 100W to 25W but 100W is practically useless anyway. i love low powered amps but i have no requirements for high power either so i'm not the best one to talk to.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    well, the new twin's have switches to go from 100W to 25W but 100W is practically useless anyway. i love low powered amps but i have no requirements for high power either so i'm not the best one to talk to.

Yeah, don't you have an attenuator on your 22-watt rig?

Get a Vibro Champ.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Yeah, don't you have an attenuator on your 22-watt rig?

Get a Vibro Champ.

yes, i have a hot plate that i bought after it was apparent that my amp was too late for my solo bar shows.

i'd love a vibro but the last couple have gone for lots higher than they used to plus i'm really hesitant to buy something unheard.

the last local one was sold at a vintage shop here for $1800CAN. he's got a princeton reverb as well but he won't sell it.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    yes, i have a hot plate that i bought after it was apparent that my amp was too late for my solo bar shows.

i'd love a vibro but the last couple have gone for lots higher than they used to plus i'm really hesitant to buy something unheard.

the last local one was sold at a vintage shop here for $1800CAN. he's got a princeton reverb as well but he won't sell it.

Ah, the Princeton...

My next amp will likely be either a Princeton Reverb or a Deluxe Reverb.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.